VS870 LG 4G Lite Lucid II - Soft bricked android not being recognized in usb ports, help?

backslashx00

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
My Android phone is soft bricked it is an VS870 LG 4G Lite Lucid II.
This is the second time my phone becomes bricked due to my last incident with my samsung. It has nothing to do with it being rooted, but uninstalled some apps in the phone which I thought had nothing to do with the system. IDK last one I uninstalled was zappos. I know how to un-brick my phone, but my only problem is getting the phone to be recognized by my computer. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the drivers, removing the battery from the phone, using different USB ports still no luck :(. Could it be that the battery percentage went below 75%? if so I have no way else to charge, it does not seem to charge anymore, help?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's charging when you plug it into the USB port, whether it's being recognized or not. USB has 2 completely separate parts - data and power. The power leads don't have anything to do with recognizing the device. In fact, you can light an LED with those leads, and it's not a USB device at all.

I can't help you unbrick the phone, but I can eliminate a low battery as your problem.

backslashx00

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I did not know that, what I am doing is putting my phone into download mode so I can renew the os with the .cab firmware VS870 Lucid II. I read a lot of online resources and they would usually state that in order to attempt anything with an android phone such as rooting or installing a new firmware the battery should always be charged above %70 or something like that. Just yesterday as I was trying to un-brick it, the laptop at least got notified that there was something connected to the port a few times, and it would show two LG Drivers that were not installed, but actually were. After a while of trying to get KDZ_FW_UDP program to connect to my phone which kept failing, I stopped receiving notifications about about my phone be connected to a port.

My first bricked phone which was a Boost Mobile Samsung Galaxy SII I failed also trying to un-brick and it never charged, I tried charging it with the outlet and everything I could posssibly think of, but was unsuccessful. These phones are in perfect physical conditions :( but messed up virtually. Guess I will just have to buy another one, but this time I am only going to root it and nothing else until I become more experienced enough to actually tweak parts of my roms, etc. All I wanted to do was uninstall apps that came with the phone so I can free up some internal storage in order to install backtrack5 linux so I can practice my python programming. Although I heard you can swap your sdcard with internal storage to get read as the internal storage, but I did not want to risk bricking it that way either.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I read a lot of online resources and they would usually state that in order to attempt anything with an android phone such as rooting or installing a new firmware the battery should always be charged above %70 or something like that.
If you're going to do it on battery only - which is a bad idea.

Some phone/charger combinations will run just fine on the charger, even with no battery in the phone. That's the way to do rooting, flashing, etc - running on the charger. (With the battery in, in case the power glitches for a moment.) Doing something like flashing, on just the battery, is dangerous. If the battery fails, the phone could be bricked easily. Then you'd need JTAG unbricking, which doesn't pay on a cheaper phone (unless you can do it yourself).

Hearts86

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm not an expert but I read that uninstalling apps that came with the phone will cause it to malfunction. I wouldn't attempt to do it again.
I think if you flash a custom ROM then all the bloatware will have been removed already.

backslashx00

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm not an expert but I read that uninstalling apps that came with the phone will cause it to malfunction. I wouldn't attempt to do it again.
I think if you flash a custom ROM then all the bloatware will have been removed already.

Maybe some phones will malfunction if uninstalling default apps that the phone came with, but I know when I rooted the Samsung galaxy SII, I uninstalled a lot of apps that came with the phone and it seemed to run fine. The only reason is went soft-bricked because I was modifying something called init.d and I did not really know what I was doing. But the Verizon LG Lucid did indeed go soft brick on me because I uninstalled an app that the phone came with (Maybe verizon programmed something on purpose to not uninstall pre-installed apps). It is crazy because now I have to be super cautious. This reminds me of the time I used to be a noob with computers, I would constantly get viruses and had to depend on a friend or a computer repairman to fix my computer. After all the trouble, experience and reading I became an expert at cleaning, avoiding, physically fixing and virtually fixing computers now. My laptop runs smooth and now people ask me to help diagnose there laptops/computers.

I should of just probably installed a custom rom then huh.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2