Green vertical line.

jericho375

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I know everyone has asked this, but I have a green line (Vertically) about a 1/3 of the way from center to the right. I got my phone when I woke up this morning and unplugged it. I then went back to sleep for 30 minutes, when I awoke I turned on my phone. For a few seconds it was fine but after about 30-40 seconds the line appeared with a flickering gesture, then a consistent line. I immediately shut it off and began research on this and couldn't quite find a solution.

information :

When I take a screen shot it is not there.
I factory reset my phone still no resolve.
It shows up on boot up.
I haven't dropped my phone, even once.
it is a GSM unlock so I cannot return it to the manufacturer.
I do a lot on my phone including gaming, social networking, and watching tv shows/ movies. (could this be the cause?)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Aside from the green line, you can still use the device normally? I think this might have to do with a bad pixel(s). Where did you purchase the device from? Perhaps the seller can assist you with a repair.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. This sounds more like a hardware problem rather than a software problem.

Posted via Android Central App

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I've only encountered this on a couple laptops, and in both cases it was an issue with a circuit board. In one, it was cracked from my cat jumping on it a few too many times. The other, it was a solder connection breaking down and has symptoms closer to what you described. It's ok at first, but it starts having various problems (like the vertical lines you're seeing) as the video card heats up and micro cracks develop in the soldering points. I don't know how likely either of those two problems would transfer to the phone world, but I'd be prepared to spend a fair bit to repair it if it's not under warranty. It's definitely a hardware problem. If you carry it in your pocket a lot, it could be getting twisted and stressed and causing the break/bad connection.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad