HELP! Can't view received text messages

Bitslowdotcom

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Last night my phone suddenly stopped picking up some of my text messages. I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace and I have never had this problem before - I've had the phone for about 6 months now. It comes up with a notification that I have a message, and as normal when I drag down the notification bar it will let me preview the first line of the text. However when I go to my inbox it isn't there; likewise my sent messages haven't saved in the conversation.

The thing is, this is only an issue with two of my contacts; I have been sending and receiving texts from other people it's just these two and they both have i phones - could this be something to do with it?
I am not using any 3rd party messaging apps either like handcent. I just use the messaging service that the phone came with.

Please help; like I said I've never had this issue before and out of the blue it's not showing my texts! It's driving me nuts.

Thanks

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Last night my phone suddenly stopped picking up some of my text messages. I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace and I have never had this problem before - I've had the phone for about 6 months now. It comes up with a notification that I have a message, and as normal when I drag down the notification bar it will let me preview the first line of the text. However when I go to my inbox it isn't there; likewise my sent messages haven't saved in the conversation.

The thing is, this is only an issue with two of my contacts; I have been sending and receiving texts from other people it's just these two and they both have i phones - could this be something to do with it?
I am not using any 3rd party messaging apps either like handcent. I just use the messaging service that the phone came with.

Please help; like I said I've never had this issue before and out of the blue it's not showing my texts! It's driving me nuts.

Thanks

Hmm.. Do you have the auto-clear message activated? Like after 500 messages, it will clear up the thread?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Bitslowdotcom

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I do have a set number of texts set per conversation, but neither conversation has reached this maximum.

I'm quite sure that this has something to do with the fact they have iphone's because like I said, I'm still sending and receiving messages from my contacts who don't have iphone's. I just don't understand if I haven't had problems with it before, why it has suddenly stopped saving the texts to my inbox.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800