Is there a way to sync pictures from an Android device to iCloud Photo Stream?

saintforlife

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I mostly use my smartphone to take pictures and the iCloud photo stream sharing option is great for sharing pictures with close family members. Apple makes it ridiculously easy to do this quickly with a few clicks. My parents love it because they can easily see the pictures we share with them on their iPhones and iPads.

However after using a Nexus 4 for a month, I am thinking of making a switch to Android permanently. It is a great phone. However the inability to sync pictures with the iCloud photo stream is giving me second thoughts. The Google+ sharing feature is not very intuitive...or at least it is not as easily done. Since I've got my parents trained on iOS, and the Photo album contains every thing in one place, I don't want to try to get them used to a new app.

So question:

Is there an easy way to sync pictures that you take on your Android device with your iCloud photo stream without having to plug the phone to a laptop?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I mostly use my smartphone to take pictures and the iCloud photo stream sharing option is great for sharing pictures with close family members. Apple makes it ridiculously easy to do this quickly with a few clicks. My parents love it because they can easily see the pictures we share with them on their iPhones and iPads.

However after using a Nexus 4 for a month, I am thinking of making a switch to Android permanently. It is a great phone. However the inability to sync pictures with the iCloud photo stream is giving me second thoughts. The Google+ sharing feature is not very intuitive...or at least it is not as easily done. Since I've got my parents trained on iOS, and the Photo album contains every thing in one place, I don't want to try to get them used to a new app.

So question:

Is there an easy way to sync pictures that you take on your Android device with your iCloud photo stream without having to plug the phone to a laptop?
There's a way to do it, but requires you to have Dropbox installed on your Mac. If you have a Mac follow this guide: Sync photos from your Android device to iCloud's Photo Stream | How To - CNET

I'm not aware of any other way to do this.