how to find out/and backup contacts to google...help needed

mvasquez009

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
hi ..so im wanting to do a factory reset on my phone because its been doing some really weird stuff and have tried everything under the sun to try and get it running smoothly again and the only option i have now is to do a reset ....but im kinda new to android and was wondering how i make sure that my contacts are backed up to google and if they aren't how do i go about doing that..i have a galaxy s3 on att and need help..thankss

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
hi ..so im wanting to do a factory reset on my phone because its been doing some really weird stuff and have tried everything under the sun to try and get it running smoothly again and the only option i have now is to do a reset ....but im kinda new to android and was wondering how i make sure that my contacts are backed up to google and if they aren't how do i go about doing that..i have a galaxy s3 on att and need help..thankss

Have you tried clearing the devices cache in recovery? Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Otherwise, you can go into Settings>Accounts>Google>and it will show you when it was last synced. However, you can also click on the gmail account and you can individually sync each aspect of Google, or there should be a sync all button at the bottom.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Agree with Golfdriver97. If the cache partition wipe doesn't help, and if you end up wanting to do a factory reset, then you need to make sure all of your contacts are Google contacts. You can find this out by going to your People or Contacts app and selecting the option to display only certain accounts. If all of your contacts are in the Google account, then it shouldn't be a problem, since they should all sync with your Google account in the cloud. If your background sync has been on, then they should all have synced recently.

If the contacts are in other accounts like the Phone account, then it will be a little harder to sync to Google. In this case, you'll need to export your contacts from the People app, then import them right back into the People app, this time specifying the Google account as the account to use.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12