Will any of these Android phones work with Straight Talk?

zBernie

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm considering a Moto X, Nexus 4 (Or 5), or Galaxy. Will any of these phones work with the Straight Talk SIMS? I checked walmart.com, and they have some Android phones advertised for use with Straight Talk, but none of the high end phones. I'd love to have an unlimited plan for $45 per month!

Also, It's my understanding that you can get an unlocked Moto X, Nexus, etc. What advantage does that provide if you have to spend $70 per month on a plan?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm considering a Moto X, Nexus 4 (Or 5), or Galaxy. Will any of these phones work with the Straight Talk SIMS? I checked walmart.com, and they have some Android phones advertised for use with Straight Talk, but none of the high end phones. I'd love to have an unlimited plan for $45 per month!

Also, It's my understanding that you can get an unlocked Moto X, Nexus, etc. What advantage does that provide if you have to spend $70 per month on a plan?

The biggest hurdle is do the phones operate on the proper frequencies?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

RooGirl78

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I think a lot of AT&T phones work well with it but it's usually got to be a GSM phone operating on the 850 and 1900 MHZ bands

.... and I just checked the website ... seems it is AT&T and T-Mobile phones...