Hi all,

So I am considering making a splurge purchase and getting a nice android tablet. Money isn't really a huge concern vs performance and usability, I'll pay top dollar for those.. so lets leave cost aside for the moment.

We have an original iPad but frankly I am done with iOS, I like android phones and we are looking for a tablet.

We are eying the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition, it seems quite nice, but the Nexus 10 2013 edition is due to come out soon. I might even be missing other tablets that are good choices as well in this market. Anyone have any recommendations for a power user? I travel on occasion for work, so I enjoy watching movies, but I also would like to use productivity applications such as office apps. I also sometimes do play games on them to pass the time. So like I said, I am looking for raw power, but also something that is going to have development done into it's OS for the near future, I don't want something to have development abandoned for it in favor of the new one that comes out every few months... lol. Any thoughts? Advice is appreciated and encouraged.
    10-25-2013 08:40 AM
    Welcome to the forums. I assume you are looking for a 10"-ish tablet? If you're looking for a 7" tablet, the new Nexus 7 is awesome, but might be smaller than what you're looking for.

I'd probably wait for the Nexus 10 2013. But if you can't wait, the Galaxy Note is a decent tablet as well.
    10-25-2013 09:48 AM
    Hi EvilMonkey,

Yeah, I would prefer a larger tablet. do you know if the Nexus line of tablets does the multi-windows the way the Samsung one does? that was a feature that was very desirable to me, to have 2 windows open at the same time side by side.
    10-25-2013 10:16 AM
    Hi EvilMonkey,

Yeah, I would prefer a larger tablet. do you know if the Nexus line of tablets does the multi-windows the way the Samsung one does? that was a feature that was very desirable to me, to have 2 windows open at the same time side by side.
    Welcome to the forums.
    The multi window is a Samsung feature, and right now, only on those devices.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app
    10-25-2013 11:57 AM