Hi all... New to this thread and android. I currently have a Samsung s3 with jb 4.1.2 on it. After the upgrade I have realised contacts app has a little more lag while loading. I have read that installing a third party contacts app could be one quick workaround. However if I install a third part contacts app... Will it delete/uninstall the stock contacts app? Not being able to get this answer anywhere! Thanks!
    10-25-2013 11:20 PM
    Hi all... New to this thread and android. I currently have a Samsung s3 with jb 4.1.2 on it. After the upgrade I have realised contacts app has a little more lag while loading. I have read that installing a third party contacts app could be one quick workaround. However if I install a third part contacts app... Will it delete/uninstall the stock contacts app? Not being able to get this answer anywhere! Thanks!
    It shouldn't do that. However, you can try clearing cache in recovery. Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...2-s3-tab2.html
    10-25-2013 11:54 PM
    Thanks... So you are saying I can safely install a third party app and still have the stock app available on my phone correct?
    10-26-2013 12:04 AM
    Thanks... So you are saying I can safely install a third party app and still have the stock app available on my phone correct?
    I think so. I have never done that, so I can't say for sure.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app
    10-26-2013 12:09 AM
    Unless you also uninstall the stock app, it's still available in the background.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    10-26-2013 12:50 AM
    Hi gone down south... When you say available in the background.. Not sure what that means.. Does it mean I can access both... Or the stock app becomes available only if I install the third party app?
    10-27-2013 12:44 AM
    Hi gone down south... When you say available in the background.. Not sure what that means.. Does it mean I can access both... Or the stock app becomes available only if I install the third party app?
    You will still have both available so you can use either.

You should be able to disable the stock app in app settings if you wish so it doesn't show up in your app drawer, but don't disable contacts storage.
    10-27-2013 01:05 AM
    It's still there. You can choose to have one out the other open by default, or you can have android w ask your preference every time you use that function. Your choice.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    10-27-2013 01:19 AM