USA- SPRINT Customer. Can I use a non sprint phone as a tablet?

NJ2

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi,, I'm currently a sprint user.

I have double shared plan. 2 phones, each with it's own number.

One phones contract will expire at the end of the year, and I want to disconnect and cancel the number/contract.

On this phone, I have a google/user acct/email, I shall use a fake mail acct here for informational purposes. 123@gmail.com.

I No longer need to use this one phone acct that I want to cancel. As soon as the contract is up, it's history. That will leave me with just the one remaining active number that I want.

Today, I accidentally purchased a NON sprint phone from a private seller (duh,,,I'm a tard) :-\

The seller gave me the HEX and MED numbers, I called up Sprint to see if the phone was clear. She asked me if it said SPRINT on the phone, and not seeing the phone before I bought it, I assumed it was, and said YES. She said that the phone was clear to run on their system!

I doesn't say SPRINT on the phone, and I should have known, cause when I opened up the back of the phone, I seen where a SIM card goes,,, I was in a hurry and had a brain fart, so now I believe I'm stuck with a phone I cant use.

I started playing with this Galaxy S4 phone. I was able to connect via my WIFI and was able to use the browser.

What I want to know, is, with a WIFI connection on this Galaxy S4, would I be able to use it as a "Tablet" and log into the google/andriod market that was being used with the phone/line that is about to expire, and download andriod apps, so that I basically have a tablet? Or must I have some type of phone plan hooked up to the phone to use my apps that were on my old phone?

Or another way I can ask this question with the above scenario is, with this Galaxy 4 on WIFI, will I be able to log into my google acct and get access and download google phone apps?

If I can't, then I feel that my best idea would be to sell the Galaxy phone, then for $50 bucks, and 14 bucks a month, get a Tablet.

Is there anyway to jailbreak/root a non sprint phone so that it will work on the Sprint?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes, you can use it wifi only. You can even get a VOIP service and make phone calls. A carrier phone service plan is not required to access the play store, the vast majority of content, apps, etc.