Google Chrome isn't working well, can anyone suggest anything

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Can they sync no matter what browsers are on each device?

I looked around when I was changing browsers and found some suggestions to try, but nothing worked properly for me to port them all at once. I ended up taking someone else's suggestion on here and made shortcuts for all of my bookmarks on the home screen. Then click the shortcut and selected the new browser app when it asks which one to use. Once on the new browser, create a bookmark in it and delete the shortcuts. Can be a little time consuming, but wasn't too bad for my roughly 20 bookmarks and saved the time and headaches of trying different batch options.

Nana Helen

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I looked around when I was changing browsers and found some suggestions to try, but nothing worked properly for me to port them all at once. I ended up taking someone else's suggestion on here and made shortcuts for all of my bookmarks on the home screen. Then click the shortcut and selected the new browser app when it asks which one to use. Once on the new browser, create a bookmark in it and delete the shortcuts. Can be a little time consuming, but wasn't too bad for my roughly 20 bookmarks and saved the time and headaches of trying different batch options.

I change bookmarks all the time though. I used to save links by bookmarking them, then later when I've checked it right out I might move it to Evernote, keep it as a bookmark if I want it handy or delete it if I've finished with it.

What do you do if your looking for information and u come across heaps of possible sites as well as links, then also see off topic things that you'd like to go back to sometime?

I was using Evernote & that was working well until they changed the whole look of it. This happened around the same time as some other apps had major changes. I'm still struggling with them, and not really using them much yet.

Sent from my MID using AC Forums mobile app

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't change bookmarks often, so it's not much of a problem for me. Understandable my suggestion may not work for you.

Nana Helen

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't change bookmarks often, so it's not much of a problem for me. Understandable my suggestion may not work for you.

Thanks anyway. :)

If u hear of any that sound like what I might be able to use, keep me in mind. :p

Nana Helen

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
You can typically bookmark site within the browser. Dolphin, or Opera are another couple of good ones.

Ta. I'm jotting down any that have been mentioned, highlighting those that are being used by the poster or recommended.

The stock browsers on my tablet and phone both pick up my Google bookmarks, but the actual browser is playing up - jumping to old searched pages, opening tabs I hadn't created, turning itself off etc. So I can't even check to see if I can find them, if they've synced properly, edit. Then I wanted to play around to see if I can use it effectively.

But my tablet screen is still playing up too. Think I'll have to do the factory reset, & if that doesn't fix it I'll hav to take it back. :rolleyes:

Nana Helen

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm planning to be taking this to a new post very soon.
Partly so I can keep tabs on everything on browsers & bookmarks,
Anyone's comments & suggestions,
Plus my own research (I'll copy any relevant info I find into here as well as my own comments).
Also cos I can't use Evernote at the moment. :(
......until I sort this out.

If this isn't appropriate in a forum, please let me know.

Thanks
Helen

P.S. Something like: "My research with your help, on Browsers & syncing Bookmarks on 3 devices"
If the main plan is OK, please anyone's suggestions on a clear title would be good.

P.S.2 If anyone thinks this is an OK idea, including the topic name, could you give it a thankyou tick or PM me pls.
Only so I know who has read and OKayed this crazy woman's idea. :what: :mad: :rolleyes: :confused: :eek: :thumbup: :thumbdown: :p :beer:
Coz I want to get into it while its all fresh in my head. :)

Nana Helen

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
If you can't use evernote, maybe you can try Google Keep?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

You think that would be better than putting it all in here?
I was hoping it might end up being helpful. Or do u reckon it might be a bit much.
ta

Edit: didn't see the tick sorry.
So you think putting it all in here is OK, but was suggesting Google Keep for me when I want to keep stuff? I was thinking I'll check it out.
Did I get it this time? :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You think that would be better than putting it all in here?
I was hoping it might end up being helpful. Or do u reckon it might be a bit much.
ta

You can make another thread. I was just suggesting another note app.

Nana Helen

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
You can make another thread. I was just suggesting another note app.

Tried the Google Keep!

Perfect for short projects! Which Evernote isn't so much (even when I can use it normally :rolleyes: lol).

Been using it for the last few days to put together my first post in the new follow-on topic.
Ta for that. :)