Im on the cusp of buying a tablet for Christmas, but first want a little advice on how to get the best out of the devices I have in my home.

Ive decided on a Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0, which I will use for the obligatory web surfing and productivity features, however one thing I would like to emulate is a set up my friends have with their Apple devices.

They have AppleTV connected to their HD TV, and using AirPlay and an iPad as a controller, can play music from iTunes and YouTube videos - directly from their iPad, AppleMac upstairs, or iCloud.

I would like to get something similar working with my devices, and have the following available:

• Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 (soon)
    • LG 42PJ350 TV (not DNLA)
    • Humax HDR-FOX T2 500GB PVR (DNLA, no WiFi dongle)
    • Zyxel NSA325 NAS
    • Windows 7 Desktop PC

A few things to note I dont want to add any extra hardware of significant cost (i.e HTPC), but dont mind getting a dongle etc to enable DNLA / connectivity where its needed.

What is the most effective, reliable and simple set up I can achieve with the above devices to emulate the AppleTV/AirPlay experience that Ive used at my friends house?

The most important aspect for me, is to play music to the TV controlled from the tablet. I like the idea of creating playlists on the fly using the tablet, which transmits the music to the TV Id rather not have a mirror of the tablet display on the TV just a means to output media from a device controlled by the tablet.

I look forward to your recommendations.
    10-29-2013 03:32 AM
    I'd really appreciate it if someone could recommend something for this. I've notived a lot a options out there from Google, Samsung apps, and other 3rd party ones, but would like to make the best use of the hardware i have, in a way that works well and similar to Apple AirPlay/TV.

Thanks in advance
    10-30-2013 08:00 AM
    Hi as i've had no replies, I'll try and give a little more detail

I think I want to stream from both my Zyxel NSA325 NAS, and Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0, to my LG 42PJ350 TV - but using the Note 8.0 as a controller for all this. As my TV is not DNLA, i guess I'll need to get the Humax PVR involved.

Can someone recommend the best way to set this up, and which app i need on the Note 8.0 to best serve this purpose?
    11-01-2013 08:53 AM
    The first thing that comes to mind is Chromecast. $35, handles the YouTube, Music (via Google Play Music) and stuff like that, tablet or phone can be a controller, etc.
    11-05-2013 06:43 AM