I'm new on android and I need some help....
    I haven't understand what is rooting and if I have to do that to my phone.
    I have a chinese smartphone that instead of the company logo or the manufacturer name, it only has the Android badge. That means I do not know the model of my phone - from the info inside the phone it says "s5". I assume it is a clone smartphone, but it doesn't look like the samsung galaxy s5... So how do I find a tutorial on rooting?
    Another thing I'd like to ask is the following: If ram is full, that makes it impossible to run the applications on the sd card?
    I feel a bit lost and it would be great to have some answers...
    Thanks in advance!
    Anna

(sorry for my spelling and grammar mistakes, not my native language)
    reshma ramesh likes this.
    11-02-2013 10:44 AM
    I'm new on android and I need some help....
    I haven't understand what is rooting and if I have to do that to my phone.
    I have a chinese smartphone that instead of the company logo or the manufacturer name, it only has the Android badge. That means I do not know the model of my phone - from the info inside the phone it says "s5". I assume it is a clone smartphone, but it doesn't look like the samsung galaxy s5... So how do I find a tutorial on rooting?
    Another thing I'd like to ask is the following: If ram is full, that makes it impossible to run the applications on the sd card?
    I feel a bit lost and it would be great to have some answers...
    Thanks in advance!
    Anna

(sorry for my spelling and grammar mistakes, not my native language)
    Welcome to the forums.
    Rooting is like Administrator on Windows. Rooting can give you more options for your device, but there are considerations: It is really for power users. Most people don't even need to root. It voids your OS warranty. While rooting alone won't really damage your device, things you can do with it if you aren't careful can damage it.

Rooting is somewhat device specific. If no one has found a way to root the device you have, there is likely no way to do it. AS for which model you have, there is no Galaxy S5. There most likely will be but the S4 was just released in the Spring.

RAM works differently on Android. You want it full. Android stores apps in RAM so it takes less time to launch them.
    11-02-2013 10:50 AM
    Thank you goldriver for answering!
    It is a bit more clear to me what rooting is. As for the s5.... what can I say? That mistake actually indicates the knowledge I have on smartphone issues! None!!! hahahaha
    Anyway, thanks a lot! I'll be back if I need anything else!
    11-02-2013 11:19 AM
    Try downloading an app called cpu-z. You don't have to be rooted to use it, but it pulls information up and makes it easier to see if you do not know your way around. It is free and it will give a lot of info, but one of the tabs has the phone model and android version.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    11-02-2013 11:24 AM
    Thank you goldriver for answering!
    It is a bit more clear to me what rooting is. As for the s5.... what can I say? That mistake actually indicates the knowledge I have on smartphone issues! None!!! hahahaha
    Anyway, thanks a lot! I'll be back if I need anything else!
    Your device and model should be in settings-about device.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app
    11-02-2013 11:28 AM