Google Drive

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Could someone please explain to me, the advantages or disadvantages of Google Drive? I use DropBox, and Evernote for storage, and i can't even figure out how to set up this app. Thanks for any help.:confused:
P.S. I'm using a SGSIII at present, but plan on getting a Nexus5 in the future.

anon(1011167)

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
For me it's about the storage and pricing; I'm a paying customer. As a free user, Google Drive gives you 15GB's of storage, this is spread over Gmail & Photos, compare that to the likes of Dropbox which only give you 2GB's upon opening an account.

To set up the Google Drive app, you must have a Google account, simply opening a Gmail account will fix it for you.

Google Drive's pricing is better than Dropbox, hence my reason for going with them, and if you become a paid Google Drive user then you have access to their Customer Service phone number as well as email support should you have any problems with the account.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
For me it's about the storage and pricing; I'm a paying customer. Google Drive gives you 15GB's of storage, this is spread over Gmail & Photos, compare that to the likes of Dropbox which only give you 2GB's upon opening an account.

To set up the Google Drive app, you must have a Google account, simply opening a Gmail account will fix it for you.

Google Drive's pricing is better than Dropbox, hence my reason for going with them, and if you become a paid Google Drive user then you have access to their Customer Service phone number as well as email support should you have any problems with the account.

I've had DropBox since whenever, and i get 5gbs. for free. I have lots of space left on Evernote, too. I do see your point though, and i'll check into "Drive" a little deeper. Thanks for your reply.:)

ljxdaly

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
google drive has everything that drop box does, and alot more. it has 15gb of free storage versus 2gb. it has document creation and collaboration (remember drive was initially called google docs), and you can store and share any type now. plus we are seeing as time goes on a deeper cooperation of drive with other google services.

i use dropbox, though i find myself moving more and more over to drive. i also use box, which i find superior to dropbox, and even with that i'm slowly moving over to drive.

here is an intro to drive. check it out. the guy does a pretty good job of explaining drive's ins and outs.

Google Drive Tutorial 2013 - Introduction (1/6) - YouTube

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
google drive has everything that drop box does, and alot more. it has 15gb of free storage versus 2gb. it has document creation and collaboration (remember drive was initially called google docs), and you can store and share any type now. plus we are seeing as time goes on a deeper cooperation of drive with other google services.

i use dropbox, though i find myself moving more and more over to drive. i also use box, which i find superior to dropbox, and even with that i'm slowly moving over to drive.

here is an intro to drive. check it out. the guy does a pretty good job of explaining drive's ins and outs.

Google Drive Tutorial 2013 - Introduction (1/6) - YouTube