I get my first android phone, Nexus 5, tomorrow. Wanted to get a couple pieces of information and advice

1) I have iPhone data plan through ATT. Is ATT going to make a big deal about me no longer on an iPhone? The plan allows me to tether so would like to keep it if I can.

2) Is there a tool that would allow me to transfer contacts, calendar, pictures and music to N5?

Happy to hear if there is anything else I should be aware as part of the switch.

thanks
    11-03-2013 10:05 AM
    I get my first android phone, Nexus 5, tomorrow. Wanted to get a couple pieces of information and advice

1) I have iPhone data plan through ATT. Is ATT going to make a big deal about me no longer on an iPhone? The plan allows me to tether so would like to keep it if I can.

2) Is there a tool that would allow me to transfer contacts, calendar, pictures and music to N5?

Happy to hear if there is anything else I should be aware as part of the switch.

thanks
    I would say before you activate the device, ask AT&T. Different carriers do different things with tethering.
    AT&T may also be able to pull all you contacts from your old phone to your new one. If they can, I would go about syncing them to Google so you won't have to worry about them again.

Give the new OS some time. Everything is going to be different. I think the biggest thing I can say is this phone is going to act more like a Windows PC by means that you are going to have home screens (think Windows desktop), and an app drawer (think the Start button to lead you to all your programs).
    11-03-2013 10:31 AM
    Thanks, appreciate it.

You are suggesting I speak with ATT to understand the impact to tether, correct? Do they or I need to do anything, other than adding SIM, for me to use device? I have seen some posts talking about changing APN, etc.
    11-03-2013 01:07 PM
    Thanks, appreciate it.

You are suggesting I speak with ATT to understand the impact to tether, correct? Do they or I need to do anything, other than adding SIM, for me to use device? I have seen some posts talking about changing APN, etc.
    Exactly, check with at&t. That plan may only be valid for Apple phones.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app
    11-03-2013 01:36 PM