Nexus 5 or Galaxy S III?

Moonsorrow

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm about to buy my first Android phone, being a current owner of a Blackberry Curve and an iPod Touch, and I can't decide between to two. The S3 is about ?100 cheaper than the N5 and has upgradable memory, the lack of which is the biggest thing stopping me from getting the N5. The N5, however, has better specs and, or course, Kit Kat. I'll admit it does also kind of appeal to me simply because it is the newest phone on the market, and since I want this to last me a few years at least I don't want it to get outdated. From what I understand (correct me if I'm wrong) if I buy Nexus Media Importer I will be able to watch films, listen to music etc. off of a USB stick so the upgradbale memory thing might not be too much of an issue.

I'll mostly use it for browsing the internet, listening to music, watching videos and playing games so things like battery life, speed and general power are important to me. I don't care as much about the camera and the phone etc.
Any advice?

ljxdaly

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
this is the biggest no brainer i've seen. get the n5.

i have a galaxy nexus that doesn't have an sd card slot. i thought it would be an issue, but it has not. every week or so i plug the phone into my laptop and swap out a few movies, and i'm good to go. i don't think, even with 6 or 7 full movies on it have i exceeded 16 gb of memory.

get the 32gb version. i don't recall the screen size of the s3, but i don't think it is 5 inches. you'll love the screen size of the n5.

imo, it is always a good rule of thumb to buy the most advanced tech that exists at the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair