I got a refurbished S3 to replace my new S2 that I dropped. I put the SD card from the S2 in there and downloaded all of my old apps again. However, when I go to the application manager screen, it does not have the button that states "Put on SD card" nor does it have an SD card screen between downloaded, running and all. I've asked Boost about this, and the lady wasted my time by factory resetting the whole thing. Is there something new on here, or did I get a defective phone? I am not that tech savvy, so please help!
    Samsung S3 from Boost and SD card-sdcard.jpg
    11-04-2013 07:58 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Moving apps to SD was supported in Gingerbread and in some cases Ice Cream Sandwich, but generally not in Jellybean. My guess is that your S2 was Gingerbread, so you could move apps to SD, while your S3 is on Jellybean.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-04-2013 08:16 AM
    Thank you for the welcome! It is good to expand knowledge in things tech!
    Thank you for the quick answer! That was it, my new phone is Jellybean. So, there is a space for an SD card, what is the SD card for? Is there a way to circumvent the process and actually carry things on the SD card while I have Jellybean? Thank you for your time!
    11-04-2013 08:27 AM
    The external SD card is best used to store media files like music, photos, and videos/movies. Some apps can also use the external SD card as a default storage location as well--you need to check the app's settings to see if that's an option. The stock Camera usually gives you the option to save photos to the external SD card by default, but I know this isn't available on certain devices.

To install apps on SD with Jellybean, I think you'd have to root your phone, which I don't have any experience with.

11-04-2013 08:45 AM
    Thank you so much. You have been an awesome help to me!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-04-2013 08:49 AM
    Sorry, what is it that you don't understand?
    11-04-2013 09:04 AM
    The only thing I seen was "The EXT", but now I see the whole thing. Thank you, you have been a great help!
    11-04-2013 10:20 AM
    The only thing I seen was "The EXT", but now I see the whole thing. Thank you, you have been a great help!
    Oh, sorry. While I was trying to type my response, my palm accidentally hit the touchpad and submitted the post after typing fewer than two words! Had to go back and edit the post. Glad I could help!

11-04-2013 10:25 AM