Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G - Question about rooting? help

David Santos2

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Will I lose apps and data of the apps if I root? [Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G running 4.0.4] please reply and can you recommend an app [doesn't matter if it requires a computer as long it works with my tab 10.1] that can backup my apps and data?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Question about rooting? help

Hello,

Being a Samsung device it shouldn't erase or wipe your data to obtain root access. But just in case I would recommend downloading Helium from the Google Play Store and using it to backup your apps/data which DOESN'T require root access. Then you can have that backup to restore in the event something does go wrong in the rooting process.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Will I lose apps and data of the apps if I root? [Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G running 4.0.4] please reply and can you recommend an app [doesn't matter if it requires a computer as long it works with my tab 10.1] that can backup my apps and data?

Probably your bet is to back up with helium.
However, every Samsung I have rooted did not wipe my device.
Sent from a Slim Tab 2.

David Santos2

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm, Downloaded Helium app and Helium for Windows followed the instructions from device (PTP mode, Debugging mode etc.) yet still nothing appears on the PC application?

David Santos2

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
When Helium/Titanium/My Back Up makes a back up of say, Angry Birds, it actually makes a file. That file is what you should keep on your phone, and if you want, have a secondary on your PC.

If I backup the files to the SD card and perform a Factory reset, will it wipe the data on the SD card?

P.S If I root my Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G, Is there a way to have Jellybean on it? It highest OS is only until ICS 4.0.4 or speed it up or have a better battery life?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
If I backup the files to the SD card and perform a Factory reset, will it wipe the data on the SD card?

P.S If I root my Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G, Is there a way to have Jellybean on it? It highest OS is only until ICS 4.0.4 or speed it up or have a better battery life?

No.

Depending on if you like AOSP, you can possibly have 4.3 on Slim.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
No for not gonna wipe the SD card when I factory reset?

Sorry didn't understand, what do you mean by AOSP and slim? sry noob here

Factory reset should not affect your SD card.
AOSP meaning vanilla Android, like a nexus device. Slim is a proper name for a developer like Cyanogenmod.

David Santos2

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Factory reset should not affect your SD card.
AOSP meaning vanilla Android, like a nexus device. Slim is a proper name for a developer like Cyanogenmod.

Do you know a thread that talks about step-by-step guide on how to root Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G running ICS 4.0.4? I would really like to root, and how can I prevent from bricking my tab?

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Do you know a thread that talks about step-by-step guide on how to root Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G running ICS 4.0.4? I would really like to root, and how can I prevent from bricking my tab?

Try theunlockr .com. I didn't typo.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Not if you copy all the files from the SD card to your computer first. Then you don't care. Having a single backup is good - unless the backup gets corrupted. Having 2 backups almost guarantees that at least one will survive.

David Santos2

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Not if you copy all the files from the SD card to your computer first. Then you don't care. Having a single backup is good - unless the backup gets corrupted. Having 2 backups almost guarantees that at least one will survive.

Which stuff should I back up first? Game's/App data?

Posted via Android Central App

David Santos2

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like you are good to go.

Successfully rooted :D But I would like a JellyBean ROM as I mentioned before, Is it possible to run 2 ROM's at once too? Since I would like a JB ROM and GSM ROM to be able to call using my Galaxy Tab 10.1 P-7500 :) Pls post with a link of a thread with the things I'm looking for, it's ok if its only a JB ROM TY

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Successfully rooted :D But I would like a JellyBean ROM as I mentioned before, Is it possible to run 2 ROMs at once too? Since I would like a JB ROM and GSM ROM to be able to call using my Galaxy Tab 10.1 P-7500 :) Pls post with a link of a thread with the things I'm looking for, it's ok if its only a JB ROM TY

As far as I know you can only run one at a time.
But here is a good collection of ROMs: Galaxy Tab 10.1 Android Development - xda-developers

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc