I have a Galazy S4 and also have a 32GB Micro SD card for music and pictures. I was able to store my game apps and other apps onto the SD card so I didnt use up all my space. Since the update, I can't store any games onto the app. The games do have the toggle button that says Move to SD Card, when I do it comes up with a Unable to move app. Does anyone know what I can do?
    11-05-2013 07:53 AM
    I have a Galazy S4 and also have a 32GB Micro SD card for music and pictures. I was able to store my game apps and other apps onto the SD card so I didnt use up all my space. Since the update, I can't store any games onto the app. The games do have the toggle button that says Move to SD Card, when I do it comes up with a Unable to move app. Does anyone know what I can do?
    Did you get Android 4.3?
    11-05-2013 08:34 AM
    Yes the system update was 4.3
    11-05-2013 10:56 AM
    Yes the system update was 4.3
    Then the only thing I can think of is the apps to SD was broken in the update.

Sent from a Slim Tab 2.
    11-05-2013 11:19 AM
    What doest that mean? Havve to transfer all pictueres and music to Laptop and reformat...or is the sd card bad?
    11-05-2013 01:56 PM
    I'm not familiar with the S4 in particular, but more and more phones are having that ability removed. At best, there would a second partition on the internal storage for apps to be moved to if that's what happened to your phone. There is an argument to be said that with how much internal space new phones have, moving apps to the micro SD card isn't really needed anymore. Even though that's likely true for most people, I would prefer the additional flexibility of moving to the micro SD card too.
    11-05-2013 02:52 PM
    What doest that mean? Havve to transfer all pictueres and music to Laptop and reformat...or is the sd card bad?
    Meaning moving application data to your SD card was broken in the update. Android technically doesn't support it.

Sent from a Slim Tab 2.
    11-05-2013 03:10 PM
    That might be it. That sucks...is there a way to reverse the update so I can continue saving to SD? I am not sure the update did much to benefit me
    11-06-2013 12:18 PM
    That might be it. That sucks...is there a way to reverse the update so I can continue saving to SD? I am not sure the update did much to benefit me
    I would wait. Samsung is most likely on track for fixing this.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app
    11-06-2013 10:40 PM
    If they've broken that ability, I'm sure it was intentional and not going back. As for rolling back the update, all I can say is look into it. I personally use a Bionic, and the update to JB changed something either with the radios or security that prevents reverting back to ICS. So it's possible to make an update that doesn't allow rolling back.
    11-06-2013 10:58 PM
    I just bought a Galaxy Tab 3.0 and I tried to move my apps to my SD card as well....no "move to SD" option. I contacted Geek Squad (I have a membership with them and turn to them for ALL my tech problems) and the agent basically told me that that is no longer an option with android. He said the only things SD cards are good for are pictures, music, and files. Have you found anything else out? A way around this?
    01-06-2014 11:23 PM
    I just bought a Galaxy Tab 3.0 and I tried to move my apps to my SD card as well....no "move to SD" option. I contacted Geek Squad (I have a membership with them and turn to them for ALL my tech problems) and the agent basically told me that that is no longer an option with android. He said the only things SD cards are good for are pictures, music, and files. Have you found anything else out? A way around this?
    There isn't a way around it, you can store small portions of apps but most of the time more of the data is going to be on internal storage. Like Golfdriver said, Android doesn't support it anymore.

Posted via Android Central App
    01-06-2014 11:30 PM