Best replacement for Z10

Mathrin

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I've been using my Z10 since launch and really like the size of the phone and the phone in general. My mother is up for an upgrade and I am considering passing down my Z10 and moving to Android (again).

I've used Moto Droid back in the day as well as the Samsung S2, but kept going back to BlackBerry because works best for me. I've used the iPhone 3G and 4S and it isn't for me. I am considering giving Android another shot and well as WinMo, though I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up staying with BlackBerry.

So, like I said, I like the size of the phone a lot for its physical dimensions. Screen size isn't as much of an issue, but that can only be so big staying close to the Z10 size.

130mm x 65.6mm x 9mm

I'm assuming that I will be around the 4.5 in screen size (which 4.7 probably as big as I'll consider) and want to get some opinions as to which would highest performance. I use my phone a lot with one hand.

Samsung S4 Mini - 124.6 x 61.3 x 8.94mm (4.3 in screen)

Motorola Moto X - 129.4 x 65.3 x 10.4mm (4.7in screen)

LG Nexus 4 - 133.9 x 68.7 x 9.1mm (4.7in Screen)

HTC One Mini - 132 x 63.2 x 9.25mm - (4.3in screen)

The Nexus 4 is supposed to be very good, but is it getting too old? The Moto X seems to be the closest in size and a .4" increase in screen size which would be nice. The other two are Mini's, so do they seriously pale in their maxi counter parts?

Thanks in advance for any feed back. I'm still going to checking things out.

Also, if I missed one, let me know. These seemed like the "best" four options. (AT&T should it matter)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I've been using my Z10 since launch and really like the size of the phone and the phone in general. My mother is up for an upgrade and I am considering passing down my Z10 and moving to Android (again).

I've used Moto Droid back in the day as well as the Samsung S2, but kept going back to BlackBerry because works best for me. I've used the iPhone 3G and 4S and it isn't for me. I am considering giving Android another shot and well as WinMo, though I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up staying with BlackBerry.

So, like I said, I like the size of the phone a lot for its physical dimensions. Screen size isn't as much of an issue, but that can only be so big staying close to the Z10 size.

130mm x 65.6mm x 9mm

I'm assuming that I will be around the 4.5 in screen size (which 4.7 probably as big as I'll consider) and want to get some opinions as to which would highest performance. I use my phone a lot with one hand.

Samsung S4 Mini - 124.6 x 61.3 x 8.94mm (4.3 in screen)

Motorola Moto X - 129.4 x 65.3 x 10.4mm (4.7in screen)

LG Nexus 4 - 133.9 x 68.7 x 9.1mm (4.7in Screen)

HTC One Mini - 132 x 63.2 x 9.25mm - (4.3in screen)

The Nexus 4 is supposed to be very good, but is it getting too old? The Moto X seems to be the closest in size and a .4" increase in screen size which would be nice. The other two are Mini's, so do they seriously pale in their maxi counter parts?

Thanks in advance for any feed back. I'm still going to checking things out.

Also, if I missed one, let me know. These seemed like the "best" four options. (AT&T should it matter)

I would say the Moto X. It pairs the software well with the hardware. The bezel is small that the screen doesn't seem like it is a nearly 5" phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney