I think I have some bad data sectors, files, or something. Whenever I scroll to a certain date in my picture gallery, the app just crashes to the home screen. I tried connecting to my PC and copying the DCIM folder to my computer, but Windows Explorer crashes. There's some bad voodoo in there somewhere.

Will a factory reset or data wipe essentially format those sectors or files that might be corrupt or do I have to do more? I'm planning on flashing KitKat to my Galaxy Nexus and don't want to still have this garbage to deal with. Thanks!
    11-09-2013 01:41 PM
    I think I have some bad data sectors, files, or something. Whenever I scroll to a certain date in my picture gallery, the app just crashes to the home screen. I tried connecting to my PC and copying the DCIM folder to my computer, but Windows Explorer crashes. There's some bad voodoo in there somewhere.

Will a factory reset or data wipe essentially format those sectors or files that might be corrupt or do I have to do more? I'm planning on flashing KitKat to my Galaxy Nexus and don't want to still have this garbage to deal with. Thanks!
    Your phone is possessed! Run!!!
    Lol...just kidding.
    I don't know how for a G Nexus, but if you can clear cache in recovery, that might help a lot.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app
    phat_stack likes this.
    11-09-2013 01:51 PM
    I've tried that but it didn't seem to work. I went ahead and did a data wipe and flashed Kit Kat. I'm not noticing any problems, so maybe it was just a bad file that got cleared.
    11-10-2013 04:37 PM
    I've tried that but it didn't seem to work. I went ahead and did a data wipe and flashed Kit Kat. I'm not noticing any problems, so maybe it was just a bad file that got cleared.
    Cool. Hopefully everything goes well.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app
    11-10-2013 05:55 PM