Hello, I am in need of a function which used to be present on earlier versions of the very same widget, the google search bar that I keep on my homescreen, but now it loads into its own little app which is very limiting. I can't for instance hold down a search result link and ask to open in new tab (as I often do so, to leave the original results in their own tab), nor can images be saved from the 'images' search results, only the ability to 'share'.

What I was hoping to find was a way to keep things minimal and simple, like how it was previously, and literally have a bar on my homescreen which, when I type something in it and hit enter, opens up my set default browser into a new Google search. (and not these rubbish search providers which developers of things like 'quick search' try to foist on to you)

Any help very appreciated, I don't need it to search my phones content or anything other than what is described above.
    11-13-2013 01:12 AM
    I created a shortcut of Google's webpage on my home screen.

BTW, the Google Search app I've set up to search only on my phone book ... I use it for reverse search of numbers on the answer machine
    11-13-2013 07:01 AM