[Q] Google Play Store Crashing for Specific Google Account

Matthew Faustini

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

I'm in a bit of a predicament. Last night, I was trying to browse the Google Play Store, when ~30 seconds into browsing, the app crashes. Trying again, it continued crashing.

Here are my phone specs
Verizon GS3
Android 4.1.2
Samsung Stock/ No root or custom ROM

So I make the online rounds and try what I can find:

"Re-enable the download app" - Nothing was disabled on my phone so, no dice.
"Clear Google Play Store/Services cache and data" - Nothing
"Install newest apk of Play Store" - Problem Persists
"Reset app to factory standards" - Zilch
"Reset app preferences" - Nuh-uh
"Disconnect and rejoin your Google account" - Nuzzink
....and the kicker
"FACTORY RESET YOUR PHONE" - ....Unfortunately Google Play Store has stopped.

I can't even begin to figure out what's going on. And the REAL twist? I connect an additional, separate Google account to my device and use the Play store under that account? No crash whatsoever. No hiccups. Nothing. Switch back to my main account. 30 seconds and boom, crash.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm going slightly mad.

Greg Gasiorowski

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

I'm in a bit of a predicament. Last night, I was trying to browse the Google Play Store, when ~30 seconds into browsing, the app crashes. Trying again, it continued crashing.

Here are my phone specs
Verizon GS3
Android 4.1.2
Samsung Stock/ No root or custom ROM

So I make the online rounds and try what I can find:

"Re-enable the download app" - Nothing was disabled on my phone so, no dice.
"Clear Google Play Store/Services cache and data" - Nothing
"Install newest apk of Play Store" - Problem Persists
"Reset app to factory standards" - Zilch
"Reset app preferences" - Nuh-uh
"Disconnect and rejoin your Google account" - Nuzzink
....and the kicker
"FACTORY RESET YOUR PHONE" - ....Unfortunately Google Play Store has stopped.

I can't even begin to figure out what's going on. And the REAL twist? I connect an additional, separate Google account to my device and use the Play store under that account? No crash whatsoever. No hiccups. Nothing. Switch back to my main account. 30 seconds and boom, crash.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm going slightly mad.

Yep I just spent 21 hours of my day off messing with this, installed 3 different apks of Play/performed 3 factory restores & every idea I could find on the net (which is mostly 3 ideas repeated ad-infinitum) with no resolve, I'm shrugging my shoulders for now, I'm pretty certain that a recent Play update has caused this as I found a smattering of recent posts on this with no other answer but to clear cache or the other 2 resolves that don't do a thing. To note my Samsung Galaxy 5.0 is rooted stock.

JnCoe

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
I'm really sorry to revive this 2-year-old thread, but I just can't find anything about this at this at other places.

I'm facing the same problem (google account forcing play to crash) on a Asus Fonepad 7 (FE170). It came with Jelly Bean and while I was setting it up for the first time, the first crash appeared just after loggin into my google account. Then, everytime I updated Google Play Services (I've factory reseted a lot) in order to use Now and other features, it keep on happening constantly. I've upgraded to Kit Kat but nothing has changed.
If I use another account, it just stop to happen. For some reason, this doesn't happen at my Moto G (1st Gen). There's something conflicting with this specific account and I have absolutely no clue whatsoever what could it be and neither do Asus.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007