I have a Galaxy S3 that I had a screen protector and case around sense the day I bought it. after 4-5 months a friend said he could but a custom ROM(I was just learning about this at the time) so I let him. He ended up putting international firmware on my I747. I bought a jig off ebay, Nothing. Thought I'd try my luck getting it replaced as I'm still under the year warranty.

Talked to AT&T and was told I need to go to a AT&T store to get it replaced. So I did. I brought my old case, charger everything I had when buying the phone(as I thought I'd get it replaced right there) Right before putting the phone back in its original box I took the screen protector off. No scratches or anything perfect condition physically. The lady at the AT&T store was on the phone with a warranty person and where trying to troubleshoot it.

She told the person on the other line it was in perfect condition no scratches or anything, she has a S3 of her own so she pulled her battery and pulled mine laying my phone on it's screen. Tried the battery. Did not work of coarse. So we went ahead and did the replacement but I had to wait for it to be shipped to me as she was not a warranty center. I thanked her(didn't ask if it was bricked or anything of the sort) and put the phone back in the box and left. Today I received the new phone and took my old one out of the box. I noticed a scratch on the screen that was not there from anytime of me owning the phone. It had to be at the AT&T store as thats the only place the phone was sat down after the protector came off. I wasn't even the one who took the phone out of the box. But I did put it back in.

This paper says if it has any smears or scratches, liquid damage it will be sent back and I will have a warranty fee.. My question is has anyone sent a hard bricked phone back to AT&T and nothing happen? What are the chances It will get sent back as soon as someone sees that small scratch(there is nothing else wrong with the phone no dings or any other scratches)

After reading for awhile now about rooting and putting the correct custom firmware on my phone. I STILL want to do this. Call me stupid, but I want to do it the right way and have access to getting rid of all this annoying AT&T crap that pops up. Should I wait until the old phone is sent back and accepted? would i set off some alarm if rooting this new one?
    11-19-2013 05:38 PM
    I have a Galaxy S3 that I had a screen protector and case around sense the day I bought it. after 4-5 months a friend said he could but a custom ROM(I was just learning about this at the time) so I let him. He ended up putting international firmware on my I747. I bought a jig off ebay, Nothing. Thought I'd try my luck getting it replaced as I'm still under the year warranty.

Talked to AT&T and was told I need to go to a AT&T store to get it replaced. So I did. I brought my old case, charger everything I had when buying the phone(as I thought I'd get it replaced right there) Right before putting the phone back in its original box I took the screen protector off. No scratches or anything perfect condition physically. The lady at the AT&T store was on the phone with a warranty person and where trying to troubleshoot it.

She told the person on the other line it was in perfect condition no scratches or anything, she has a S3 of her own so she pulled her battery and pulled mine laying my phone on it's screen. Tried the battery. Did not work of coarse. So we went ahead and did the replacement but I had to wait for it to be shipped to me as she was not a warranty center. I thanked her(didn't ask if it was bricked or anything of the sort) and put the phone back in the box and left. Today I received the new phone and took my old one out of the box. I noticed a scratch on the screen that was not there from anytime of me owning the phone. It had to be at the AT&T store as thats the only place the phone was sat down after the protector came off. I wasn't even the one who took the phone out of the box. But I did put it back in.

This paper says if it has any smears or scratches, liquid damage it will be sent back and I will have a warranty fee.. My question is has anyone sent a hard bricked phone back to AT&T and nothing happen? What are the chances It will get sent back as soon as someone sees that small scratch(there is nothing else wrong with the phone no dings or any other scratches)

After reading for awhile now about rooting and putting the correct custom firmware on my phone. I STILL want to do this. Call me stupid, but I want to do it the right way and have access to getting rid of all this annoying AT&T crap that pops up. Should I wait until the old phone is sent back and accepted? would i set off some alarm if rooting this new one?
    The warranty only covers it if you leave it stock.
    11-19-2013 05:43 PM
    So pretty much, I'll be lucky for it to get accepted.
    11-19-2013 05:54 PM
    So pretty much, I'll be lucky for it to get accepted.
    Yup. Do a rain dance or something for good measure :P
    11-20-2013 04:46 PM