Memory problem.Help?also need best BACKUP app? HUGE problem

executiveg

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
PHONE :samsung note 2 non rooted

so this is making me go crazy and losing sleep cause i cant use my phone at all. PLEASE HELP.................................
i have been have a memory/internal storage problem for the about past 2 or 3 weeks.
i had about 2gigs left. and for some reason the storage went down to 450mb.
then i uninstalled alot of apps and got back to 1.2gigs and then after acouple of days the storage went down to 400mb.
i get the low storage message alot.

for some reason something is filling up my storage and can figure out what it is.
i have been doing alot research and some poeple have the same problem with differant solutions.
i have tried many things. do u have any ideas i should try? PLEASE suggest

i want to backup my phone and wipe and restore it.
i have mybackup pro but never used it to restore it. is it any good? is there anything better out there and why?

how long does the restore with my backup take?
does mybackup pro do a good job of restoreing everything on my phone?
is there anything bad with myback pro?

please help. will appricate it alot. thanks to all that take the time to help.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
PHONE :samsung note 2 non rooted

so this is making me go crazy and losing sleep cause i cant use my phone at all. PLEASE HELP.................................
i have been have a memory/internal storage problem for the about past 2 or 3 weeks.
i had about 2gigs left. and for some reason the storage went down to 450mb.
then i uninstalled alot of apps and got back to 1.2gigs and then after acouple of days the storage went down to 400mb.
i get the low storage message alot.

for some reason something is filling up my storage and can figure out what it is.
i have been doing alot research and some poeple have the same problem with differant solutions.
i have tried many things. do u have any ideas i should try? PLEASE suggest

i want to backup my phone and wipe and restore it.
i have mybackup pro but never used it to restore it. is it any good? is there anything better out there and why?

how long does the restore with my backup take?
does mybackup pro do a good job of restoreing everything on my phone?
is there anything bad with myback pro?

please help. will appricate it alot. thanks to all that take the time to help.

I would honestly back up only the minimum that you need, and to an Sd card if possible. AS far as I know, My Backup does a pretty good job overall of back up and restores.

Go ahead with it. Let us know how it goes.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I never used My Backup Pro, but Helium does a pretty good job. (Since the phone isn't rooted, you'll need to download an app to the computer you're using to back up to, but Helium gives you the link for it.)

executiveg

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I never used My Backup Pro, but Helium does a pretty good job. (Since the phone isn't rooted, you'll need to download an app to the computer you're using to back up to, but Helium gives you the link for it.)

Thanks for the info. What app are u talking about to download on pc? For what?
I seen in mybackup pro, there is a option to save the backup file on sd card.

How many times did u do a backup and restore with helium? Any problems? Does it restore info/data and apps to there home pages as u had them?

Sent from my Verizon Note 2.SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums .

executiveg

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Go ahead with it. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks for your time.
Kinda scared to do the reatore and lose my data. Probably will go thru it in a acouple hours if I cant find a solution for this dumb problem

Sent from my Verizon Note 2.SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums .

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info. What app are u talking about to download on pc? For what?
It's a program Helium tells you to download to the PC. Does the stuff that would be done if Helium were running on a rooted Android, I guess.

I've never had a problem backing up/restoring, **** I'm the belt/suspenders/glue/nails type. Back up to the SD card. Copy the backup to the desktop. Copy it to the laptop. Copy it to another SD card. At least one of them won't go bad by the time I need it. (I learned the hard way when an entire system backup - the only copy in existence - got corrupted, and we lost a few months of work.)