How to Move Contacts backup from Samsung Kies to Nexus

sumankalyan

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I had backed up my contacts from Samsung phone through Kies to my system.Now I am moving to Nexus 4.
Can somebody please help me as how to move my contacts back from my system to Nexus.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you saved them under your email address, they're on Google Contacts, and when you put that email address in the Nexus, it'll sync them all up.

If not, and you still have the Samsung phone, export all your contacts, then go to Google Contacts (with a browser on your computer) and import all those contacts. (The Samsung phone doesn't have to be activated. It doesn't even have to have a SIM card in it.)

Kies is for Samsung phones - I don't think you can restore a Kies contact list to an LG phone.

sumankalyan

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I have sold the Samsung phone after taking the backup through Kies.Is there no other way? Cant we install an android virtual machine and trick Kies to read the VM as a samsung device so that I can export contact to Google contacts?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Possibly. But it might be easier o look at the Kies file and see how difficult it would be to convert it to a standard csv file. (Or see if [I don't have a phone I can connect Kies to right now] Kies can read its own file and save/export it in a different format.)

sumankalyan

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks all of you for your prompt replies.
Issue resolved as I had earlier exported my contacts to a .vcf file and saved on my system.I imported the file to Nexus,

companionlink

Feb 9, 2010
www.companionlink.com
Is there any way to convert the contacts and then transfer them to a galaxy s from a galaxy s3?

Kendall,

This is a 1-year-old thread, so I presume your question isn't directly related to the problem the Original Poster had in 2013. I can help you with some more clarity on your situation.

On your Galaxy S3, are your contacts stored in your Google/Gmail account as well as your phone? If you don't know the answer to this, you can try the following to find out:

1. Add a new Contact on your Galaxy S3; call it Mickey Mouse.
2. Wait 5 minutes.
3. Log in to your Gmail account from a web browser. See if Mickey Mouse is in the Contacts list.

If Mickey Mouse exists in your Gmail Contacts, all you need to do on your Galaxy S is to set up your Gmail account and enable Contacts sync.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Google contacts will sync to GMail Contacts. Device contacts and SIM contacts won't. (Which is why all contacts should be entered as Google contacts - we can't change the type of contact in Edit yet.)

Worst case - export from S3, import to Google Contacts (on the web).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463