How to set default apps

android jack

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I have tried a new launcher and along with other stock widgets, including 4/5 day weather, 4x1 calendar, & weather & clock, my music widget went away as well.

I tried a music widget to replace it (unless I go back to HTC Sense) but when I try to play a song using an external device (headset, Bluetooth) it would play using my stock music player, not my new one.

How do I set the default music player?

Not required, but replacement widgets for listed above widgets welcome.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
As for the replacements, I'd suggest Beautiful Widgets.

The defaults should set only if you have more than one app installed that can handle such files. But if the dialog doesn't pop up, you could try going into Application Manager, look for your stock Music player and scroll down to CLEAR DEFAULTS. If it's not there, that means the other app, for some reason, is not telling the system it can handle music files.

android jack

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
The defaults should set only if you have more than one app installed that can handle such files. But if the dialog doesn't pop up, you could try going into Application Manager, look for your stock Music player and scroll down to CLEAR DEFAULTS. If it's not there, that means the other app, for some reason, is not telling the system it can handle music files.

There was no default to clear, unfortunate I had to go to a music file just to set the default music player.

As for the replacements, I'd suggest Beautiful Widgets.

Great widget suggestion!

Last edited: