Google Drive / Google+ and iPhoto

robjulo

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm a Mac user who has been back and forth between ios and Android. I'm considering going back to Android. We take a lot of photos and photo backup is a big requirement.

I'm also switching from Dropbox to Google Drive.

One thing I love about ios is the photostream, which automatically imports into Aperture/iPhoto. Previously, when I had a GS4 and used dropbox, I set up an Automator script to monitor dropbox and automatically import photos into Aperture/iPhoto. That workflow worked great with Dropbox. All photos I took were automatically uploaded to Dropbox and synced locally with my iMac.

I see an issue with moving back to Android and using Google Drive. It appears that an Android phone backs up photos to Google+, which is fine. However, I don't see a way that those photos end up being viewable in Google Drive, therefore I don't see a way to automatically import photos into Aperture or iPhoto.

Any ideas?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I took a look around and don't see anything directly related to importing from Drive to Aperture or iPhoto. I'll keep an eye out and share any information I find - if you find it first please share it :).

robjulo

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I think the import from Drive to Aperture or iPhoto is the easy part. I've been doing that with dropbox. My main issue is that the auto camera uploads on Android go to Google+ but never make it to any sort of accessible directory on Google Drive, like they do if you use Dropbox's camera upload feature. It is not an issue for me right now because I'm still on ios and therefore everything automatically goes to Aperture anyway, via photostream. I can then use a simple Automator script to copy the photos to Google Drive.

I did find this as a possible solution for Android. This seems to sync photos to Google Drive.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ync.lite&feature=search_result&token=gxe4wzKb

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2