I bought a samsung galaxy xcover 2 2 weeks ago, and i realized that theres nothing to do to transfer/download straight to sd card. I called to Samsung support in finland and they said that i have to format the sd card and after that you can transfer some very few applicatoins to sd card but however i have not managed to transfer even one application. I have tried app2sd and searched around the internet in order to find some way to transfer apps to sd card. I found from youtube some kind of way, but there was like downloading some program to computer and then connecting the sd card and phone separately to computer and then giving some commands to computer and copy and cut and clicking thousands folders and some more stuff i didnt really understand the whole thing was really complicated. I am starting to be really frustrated for this problem or whatever it is, but i think its just stupid to even put this kind of faulty "function" to any kind of smart phone. In every other way samsung galaxy xcover 2 is very excellent and easy to use, but i think transfering apps to sd is very important function/tool. I would be really grateful if someone would know anything about how to transfer apps to sd in Samsung galaxy xcover 2.
    11-28-2013 01:59 PM
    Try Link2SD. You might find that you can put a few more apps on the SD card.

But don't expect to keep 5 liters of milk in a 2cc container. Small cheap phones are phones with the ability to run a few apps, not computers with the ability to make phone calls.
    11-28-2013 08:35 PM
    Try Link2SD. You might find that you can put a few more apps on the SD card.

But don't expect to keep 5 liters of milk in a 2cc container. Small cheap phones are phones with the ability to run a few apps, not computers with the ability to make phone calls.
    Link2sd wont work its ****ty. And whats the point of sd-card if i cant save any apps to sd? But anyways, thanks for nothing. You didnt maybe understand my problem but maybe this helps: if i have a 2cc main container and a 4,98 liters secondary container but i cant open it so i could store the whole 5 liters.
    12-01-2013 09:42 AM
    Same prob! Crappy phone when comparing to same price class ect S3 and S2+ are in same price but 10times more internal memory. Xcover2 has always problems whit memory, cant even use basic apps because of lacking memory. If the basic use of net and social nets is not possible one could say this is a crappy phone!!!
    12-04-2013 06:23 AM
    Same prob! Crappy phone when comparing to same price class ect S3 and S2+ are in same price but 10times more internal memory. Xcover2 has always problems whit memory, cant even use basic apps because of lacking memory. If the basic use of net and social nets is not possible one could say this is a crappy phone!!!
    I think that xcover 2 is the best smart phone on the market because i really need a durable and strong phone because i work at various construction works and all my previous phones have been different types of nokia and all of them with metal casings but i just couldnt find any good new nokia smartphone for me. Xcover 2 is very good phone and easy to use and very strong and waterproof so i can answer my phone in the shower even and take pictures under water I hope that maybe some time soon samsung will release an update that fixes this stupid thing that you cant transfer apps to sd-card. It is still good that you can transfer pictures and videos (or they are stored directly) to sd-card. So, i guess all Xcover 2 owners just have to hope and wait for the very unlikely update which will create the option to transfer applications to sd-card.

p.s. i can use basic apps like social nets and nets and can get all updates that i need but still Xcover 2 has good CPU and other components to run bigger games etc. that i would want to use.
    12-13-2013 01:44 PM
    Hi! Did you find the solution? My husband has xcover 2, he also works at various constuction works and also can't use te sd memory Thx
    06-07-2015 04:25 AM
    I have the same trouble, searched with cats n dogs n google, but no proper solution... :/ Somewhere I read that by partitioning your SD card in 3 would help, like: one 8gb fat32, one 4gb ext4, and one 4gb swap.
    (two last are linux partitions, on a example 16gb SD).
    Didnt work for me though, even if the solutions logic was that Android IS Linux, with filesystem etc.
    07-07-2015 06:02 AM