Galaxy S3 Backup and Restore Kies

Bloodbane15

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello!

I recently ran into a bit of a problem with my Galaxy S3, it just stopped getting reception and started displaying the 'not registered on network' message whenever I tried to make a call. I tried backing up using Kies then doing a factory reset and restore, tried swapping out the Sim card etc etc and came to the conclusion there was just something wrong with the phone.

Long story short I took the phone into my nearest store and they gave me a new 'refurbished' S3 as a replacement.

My problem is now that when i try and restore using Kies the "Call Log, Email Account Information, Applications and Network Settings" items are all greyed out and Kies informs me that these items cannot be restored to the device.

Does anybody know why this is or how I can get those things restored to my phone? They all backed up and restored fine on my old S3 when I was trying to fix it so I'm at a loss as to why it won't work now. The model I have now is exactly the same in every way (even colour...) as the old one, a Blue 16B Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-19300T. If anybody could help me out I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
So I'm guessing nobody knows?
Welcome to the forums!

I don't use Kies, so can't try and reproduce your issue. Although the device model and software is the same, could it be possible that the backup was specific to the model (serial number) S3? I don't think this is highly likely, but something to consider.

i'll do some poking around and see if I can find an answer for you.

Bloodbane15

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Magnus.
It's really got me confused, I could understand if I was trying to restore to an older model phone or something but Kies doesn't seem to mention not being able to restore to a new phone of the same model. I might see if I can find a Kies related forum and post there, see if anyone has an idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton