I just bought a Moto X, coming from a Moto Photon. The Photon allowed me assign any piece of music I had as the "alarm" in the default alarm clock, and I really miss this feature. Is there some way to do this with the Moto X?

I tried shopping for alarm clocks that would do this, but most of the available clocks are ad-supported, and I REALLY don't want to be awakened to ads. I bought "Alarm Clock Plus" (logo is a red sphere with a "+" in it) but it doesn't seem to actually trigger, so that doesn't work. (Can I get a refund, since it basically doesn't work at all?)

I wondered if I could move some MP3s into whatever folder the gadget stores its alarm noises in, but I am a newbie, and I couldn't find either my music or the folder to move it it. (Poked around with Astro File Manager. Is there a better way to do this?)

I'd be okay with either a purchased, ad-free alarm clock that does this, or a way to make the default alarm clock recognize (at least some of) my music.

Thanks!
    11-29-2013 08:25 AM
    What version of android u on? In alarm there is the in the top corner $ then under the time should b a MORE option select alarm tone then go to Add u can select music from there (or you should b able to)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
    11-29-2013 12:24 PM
    Version 4.2.2

I think the option you describe is something special to the galaxy (or touch wiz). I don't see any options like that.
    11-29-2013 01:39 PM
    I found two third party alarm clocks that have the feature I want (access to MP3s) which can be purchased in an ad-free version, Smart Alarm and Alarm Clock +. Both are kinda ugly, but I think either will suit my needs.

I think I can also manually move a few MP3s to the "Alarms" folder, and then all alarm clocks (including stock) can use them, but I haven't tried this yet.
    11-30-2013 10:40 AM
    Oh sorry

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
    11-30-2013 03:24 PM
    You can use a "ringtone" maker app, most of these will send the files into the same directory as the alarm, notification and ring tones folder. There's bevy of these on the Playstore.

Edit: Just a passing thought... Neutron, the music player I'm using has it's own alarm function with it. Perhaps that might suit your needs...
    12-01-2013 11:11 AM