HELP PLEASE!!! Samsung Galaxy S4; 4.3 Update turned off WiFi for good?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Don't know if I would go that far.....maybe a Padawan....lol
So we can stop holding our breaths for the AT&T N3 MJ5 root? (I'm not even pretending that they're going to put the downloadable up on the site so we can unbrick unsuccessful attempts.)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So we can stop holding our breaths for the AT&T N3 MJ5 root? (I'm not even pretending that they're going to put the downloadable up on the site so we can unbrick unsuccessful attempts.)

Where Samsung seems to be going with Knox, it may be easier to negotiate for world peace in the middle east, abolish poverty, cure every form of cancer, and eliminate greed.

- - - Updated - - -

I am also kind sorta joking.....maybe....:-\

PwnYourFace

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Where Samsung seems to be going with Knox, it may be easier to negotiate for world peace in the middle east, abolish poverty, cure every form of cancer, and eliminate greed.

- - - Updated - - -

I am also kind sorta joking.....maybe....:-\

Now that you mention that, what the hell is it? I mean, Knox or whatever. I see it on here but I'm confused. And it can't be uninstalled. Can I root and just get it off with NoBloatFree?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Now that you mention that, what the hell is it? I mean, Knox or whatever. I see it on here but I'm confused. And it can't be uninstalled. Can I root and just get it off with NoBloatFree?

It is Samsung's version of security software. Can't be removed, disabled, etc. It is an app that has a multifaceted purpose.
One is for the boot loader, seconds is for email exchanges.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

PwnYourFace

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
It is Samsung's version of security software. Can't be removed, disabled, etc. It is an app that has a multifaceted purpose.
One is for the boot loader, seconds is for email exchanges.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Wow...so, do I just leave it alone? Or should I open it and set it up?

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Wow...so, do I just leave it alone? Or should I open it and set it up?

I would definitely ignore knox. It seems be running batteries down really quick and it uses a decent amount of ram. In my opinion, it's an unfinished product and it needs a lot of work. For now, whatever you do, don't set it up (or open it). Sorry to randomly jump into the thread, I tend to do that

PwnYourFace

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I would definitely ignore knox. It seems be running batteries down really quick and it uses a decent amount of ram. In my opinion, it's an unfinished product and it needs a lot of work. For now, whatever you do, don't set it up (or open it). Sorry to randomly jump into the thread, I tend to do that

Hah, no problem lol.

I have noticed since I upgraded, my battery doesn't last at all. It used to last all day from 100% in the morning. Now it takes only 4/5 hours to run out.
I haven't opened it or set it up, but I DO want to try to delete it, I just don't want some bad side effects. I use NoBloat for all the other useless apps, so I was thinking about giving it a try. Opinions?

Posted via Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Deleting Knox? Not while it's in your pocket. I think doing that turns the phone into a thermonuclear device.

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Hah, no problem lol.

I have noticed since I upgraded, my battery doesn't last at all. It used to last all day from 100% in the morning. Now it takes only 4/5 hours to run out.
I haven't opened it or set it up, but I DO want to try to delete it, I just don't want some bad side effects. I use NoBloat for all the other useless apps, so I was thinking about giving it a try. Opinions?

Removing it may cause some issues, so I would just freeze it. Battery issues are a common problem with the new update; it hasn't really been pinpointed to a single issue though. Can you post a picture of your battery statistics? I might be able to help you at least improve it a little

PwnYourFace

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Removing it may cause some issues, so I would just freeze it. Battery issues are a common problem with the new update; it hasn't really been pinpointed to a single issue though. Can you post a picture of your battery statistics? I might be able to help you at least improve it a little

So, I deleted it. So far so good. We'll see how the phone keeps reacting. Also, not much better with the battery after I deleted it but I'll get the battery stats for you. Where/how can I get that info?

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
So, I deleted it. So far so good. We'll see how the phone keeps reacting. Also, not much better with the battery after I deleted it but I'll get the battery stats for you. Where/how can I get that info?

Go to settings, and then battery. Just take a screen shot and post the picture. I thought knox was more integrated into touchwiz than that; I thought it might mess up some network things because of its security. Anyway, I'm glad the app deleted normally. Let's just see if we can get the battery running a little better until an update is released

sent from my Galaxy S3 rocking Cyanogenmod

PwnYourFace

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Go to settings, and then battery. Just take a screen shot and post the picture. I thought knox was more integrated into touchwiz than that; I thought it might mess up some network things because of its security. Anyway, I'm glad the app deleted normally. Let's just see if we can get the battery running a little better until an update is released

sent from my Galaxy S3 rocking Cyanogenmod

I was expecting the worse, also, but it seems fine. Maybe it's because I'm always on WiFi? But after the delete the battery seems fine now. Even when I play games, it doesn't drain as fast. I'll still post the pic of my battery stats.

http://imgur.com/5bihYDU

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Maybe turn your screen blanking time down a little? The screen being on eats a lot of battery (comparatively). My wife plays a lot of games, so she has her screen set to blank after 5 minutes. I use what I need then put the phone away, so I have my screen set to blank after 30 seconds. I get a lot better battery life than she does, even though I'm using a lot more of the radios in the phone than she is.

PwnYourFace

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
That looks normal for your usage. It seems knox was the issue.

Yeah. Now it's back to normal, basically. 6 hours when I posted I was at 76% now I'll at 22%. So not too bad for everything I do. And the phone is 100% alright. No issues after deleting Knox.

clintjjohnson

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Samsung updates.com has a library of stock ROMs.
Look for your EXACT model number, and download it.
You will need a program called Odin. Download and install that.
Look over this: [Guide][Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
[Guide][Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN
And ask any questions before starting.

Just checking the forum... I've a GS3 on Verizon for which I did a v4.3 upgrade at a service rep's recommendation when I'd called about some voicemail and dialing issues, and am having many of the same issues as others - dismal battery life, inability to configure email accounts, wi-fi shuts off when the phone sleeps... Will these instructions work for my version and carrier also? Thanks.

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Just checking the forum... I've a GS3 on Verizon for which I did a v4.3 upgrade at a service rep's recommendation when I'd called about some voicemail and dialing issues, and am having many of the same issues as others - dismal battery life, inability to configure email accounts, wi-fi shuts off when the phone sleeps... Will these instructions work for my version and carrier also? Thanks.

I'm pretty sure Knox has screwed up downgrading so no

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

DroidArmy is probably right. The last I heard, Knox lock you into 4.3, by blocking the install of almost any other ROM, including Samsung signed ones of previous versions of Android.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad