This issue happened 1-2 weeks ago. I am thinking some update to an app caused it, given that it was working fine and then stopped, but not certain.

Galaxy Note 2. Both phone and stereo show that bluetooth is connected. Calls will still go through the stereo, but music won't. The music will play through the phone's speakers, but at a very low volume - lower than what my phone shows. I do not have a volume control app or manager installed. I have:
    • Powercycled
    • Paired and unpaired numerous times
    • Gone into the device settings and checked volume settings and that media is check-boxed for the car stereo device.
    • Checked volume levels through the sound settings.
    • Probably a few other things that I am forgetting.
    • Husband has also researched and tried to troubleshoot with no success (and he's usually good at problem solving)
    • There was a post somewhere else (don't remember where) about a similar issue that might have been related to a Google Now update, but we tried that route also.

Any ideas/suggestions?
    12-05-2013 01:23 AM
    This issue happened 1-2 weeks ago. I am thinking some update to an app caused it, given that it was working fine and then stopped, but not certain.

Galaxy Note 2. Both phone and stereo show that bluetooth is connected. Calls will still go through the stereo, but music won't. The music will play through the phone's speakers, but at a very low volume - lower than what my phone shows. I do not have a volume control app or manager installed. I have:
    • Powercycled
    • Paired and unpaired numerous times
    • Gone into the device settings and checked volume settings and that media is check-boxed for the car stereo device.
    • Checked volume levels through the sound settings.
    • Probably a few other things that I am forgetting.
    • Husband has also researched and tried to troubleshoot with no success (and he's usually good at problem solving)
    • There was a post somewhere else (don't remember where) about a similar issue that might have been related to a Google Now update, but we tried that route also.

Any ideas/suggestions?
    Maybe try a different music player app?
    12-06-2013 09:38 AM
    BTMono (free at Play - run it AFTER you run the app you want it to switch the audio for) as a possible brute-force "fix". Samsung getting its act together and issuing an update to update the prevvious failed update as a permanent fix.

Which forum is it that has the "4.3 broke my S3/S4/Note2/etc." subforum? Or did the world run out of disk space for that subject?
    12-07-2013 06:57 AM
    Maybe try a different music player app?
    Did that already. Tried several.
    12-08-2013 03:41 PM
    Which forum is it that has the "4.3 broke my S3/S4/Note2/etc." subforum? Or did the world run out of disk space for that subject?
    Have not received the update.
    12-08-2013 03:43 PM
    Ok, just resolved my problem. Because I thought it might have been connected to a Google Search/Now update, I went into my Google account and was going to delete and re-add. Noticed that the app data sync was unchecked and hadn't been synced since November 24th. Rechecked and now it is working again.
    12-08-2013 04:20 PM
    Ok, just resolved my problem. Because I thought it might have been connected to a Google Search/Now update, I went into my Google account and was going to delete and re-add. Noticed that the app data sync was unchecked and hadn't been synced since November 24th. Rechecked and now it is working again.
    Thanks for posting the solution.

From a Sprint Moto X on AC forums app.
    12-08-2013 09:38 PM
    where did you go to reconnect this
    slappy gaming likes this.
    11-10-2015 12:47 PM
    OK so first go into your phone settings after that you want to find "accounts" after that go into "Google". After you found "Google" there are going to be options and you want to turn all of them on. Sync everything on the screen and leave nothing off. After that you should be able listen to music on ur Bluetooth device
    08-07-2017 03:30 PM