HTC One cannot access internet

woolala

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi all!

I'm having an issue with HTC One. The problem is the phone CAN connect to wifi / mobile network, but it CANNOT access internet. Every time I try to access any websites or apps that require internet connection like Facebook, it takes so long for the page-loading thing, and then it said:"The webpage is not available" or "No network connection." I also attempted to shut it down and restart, disconnect wifi and re-type the password. It doesn't work at all. Could anyone please help me? Thank you very much!

P.S: I did test the other devices, and the network works fine. So, apparently, it's not the network problem itself.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! So you're saying this happens regardless of whether you're on wifi or mobile data? If you have the same problems on mobile data, then I won't go into the various things to try with your router.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried resetting the router? Also, check the device for updates and accept an update of one is available: system settings - about phone - system update.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

woolala

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi!

It's completely up-to-date. I'm quite sure that the issue is obviously not from the router since I already tested my laptop and my sister's phones, and they worked perfectly. I have tried to connect my friend's wifi. Still, my phone connected successfully but can't access internet. I'm wondering if there are any solutions besides formatting the phone?

Thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm quite sure that the issue is obviously not from the router since I already tested my laptop and my sister's phones, and they worked perfectly

This actually does not always prove that the router isn't the problem. I've had direct experience with only one device that had issues (among several that were connected and had no issues), and a router reboot or some other tweak helped. I've also read numerous posts describing this. So it's still worth a try.

Also, try going to Settings/Wi-fi, long-pressing your home network, selecting "Modify network," checking on "Show advanced options," and making sure Proxy is set to "none."

woolala

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi Diddy,

I've just found out a way to fix the network issue. I switched to airplane mode and then restart it. It works!!!

Thank you and srkmagnus for the trouble. :)

Oswaldo Lairet

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for posting the solution you found. I had tried everything you tried, plus switching to other routers that connected to the phone's WiFi, but it kept on behaving as disconnected. :D

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01