Apps disappearing...

Sarah Hart

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I just got a replacement tablet yesterday...the one I had was an HKC and the new one is a Dreamax...I've never heard of that brand. Anyway, I charged it and started downloading some apps, changed the wallpaper, updated my calendar, uploaded some pics, etc.

Last night I turned it off and when I turned it back on today, all of the apps are gone the wallpaper is back to the default but my calendar events are still there and so are my pictures. I downloaded the apps again and turned it off again to see what would happen and again they're all gone...

Am I doing something wrong? Please help!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you mean that the app shortcuts on your homescreens are disappearing? It's unlikely that your installed apps are completely disappearing--I suspect your tablet's homescreen software is glitchy (this would not be unusual for an off-brand device). Remember that the homescreen is like the desktop on a Windows computer--you can place shortcuts to programs there, but if you remove that shortcut, the program is still installed on your machine. All of your installed apps should still be present--tap the All Apps (also known as the App Drawer) icon, which looks like a grid of dots, usually inside a circle. That will bring up a list of all installed apps.

Sarah Hart

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
No all of my apps are gone...I've looked at the App Drawer icon and even the Downloads icon...nothing!! When I turn it on, it goes through the "Welcome" process..."tap here to see apps", "tap here to go to homescreen" etc. It's so frustrating!! Is there something I need to change in settings maybe?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like a significant problem with the tablet, then--like it's going through a hard factory reset each time you turn the device off.

Are you powering the device off completely each time you turn it off, or are you just turning the screen off (and therefore having the tablet go into sleep mode)? I would avoid completely powering it down if you can, and see if it remains stable in sleep mode. But then you'd have a problem if your battery ran low and the device automatically powered down to prevent the battery from completely dying--because then, it would probably do a hard factory reset again, and you'd lose everything.

My guess is that this is an inherent glitch with the tablet, and it's difficult to say if it's on the hardware or software side.

LaTosha Pinckney

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Tablet not charging.

Had an HKC and got this as a replacement. Charged it once and when the battery died and tried to charge it again, it will not even charge. Is this tablet junk? I can't understand why it will not charge.....

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Tablet not charging.

Had an HKC and got this as a replacement. Charged it once and when the battery died and tried to charge it again, it will not even charge. Is this tablet junk? I can't understand why it will not charge.....

Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, with those lesser known brands, you're going to have a higher chance of hardware failure. Li batteries actually will die completely if allowed to drain to absolute zero. Most devices should prevent that from happening, by shutting down when the battery is at around 10-15%. It's possible that yours actually went down to zero.

Try keeping it plugged in for a good 12-24 hours undisturbed, then try again.

Katie Willis

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I had the exact same problem! Apps would be totally gone and id have to put my wifi password back in and everything to connect to the internet and it did it many times! I also got this as a replacement for a HKC tablet!! The problem eventually just stopped oddly. But now I'm having problems with the charger! (the same reason the HKC was replaced) I am very unhappy about it.