Hi everyone.

I want to transfer some iTunes music files over to my Galaxy S2. I've done this before but can't figure what I did to make it happen again.

I'm pretty sure that last time I did this I just connected the Galaxy to the iMac using a regular USB cable which then showed up on the background of the Mac as a media device. I then just clicked on the music I wanted to transfer in iTunes and dragged that over to the device. Simple as. Now however, when I connect the phone to the Mac it doesn't show up at all. On the phone itself it says "connected as a media device" but as I say, no sign of it on the Mac. I've tried several different cables and USB ports with same result. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Phil
    12-12-2013 05:09 PM
    I would also like to know this, and how to get my pictures on lg g2
    12-12-2013 05:27 PM
    If you open up the Google Play Music app, it sort of walks you through the instructions to do it.

Alternatively a lot of people like Double Twist, which also can transfer iTunes music.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    12-12-2013 08:42 PM
    What I mean this. When I put a CD in the CD drive on the Mac, a little CD widget appears in the top right of the home screen. When I connected the S2 to the Mac the first time, a widget called Samsung, or 'media device' or something appeared in the same place. I just dragged and dropped files onto the widget and hey presto, they appeared in my music files on the phone. That little widget doesn't appear now when I plug the phone in.

Is it possible that I have inadvertently changed a setting on my my phone, or is this an Apple question?

Thanks
    12-15-2013 04:42 PM
    What I mean this. When I put a CD in the CD drive on the Mac, a little CD widget appears in the top right of the home screen. When I connected the S2 to the Mac the first time, a widget called Samsung, or 'media device' or something appeared in the same place. I just dragged and dropped files onto the widget and hey presto, they appeared in my music files on the phone. That little widget doesn't appear now when I plug the phone in.

Is it possible that I have inadvertently changed a setting on my my phone, or is this an Apple question?

Thanks
    That sounds like a Samsung thing. If you know where the music is going on your device, you can probably download an app from the playstore to help with transferring or copying your music into the phone. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    12-15-2013 04:48 PM
    I'll try an app of some sort. I just can't figure out why it worked last time but not this time. Any other ideas anyone?
    12-16-2013 05:03 PM