Will this mess up my phone service ?

Anino4

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Okay so I have a LG Thrill 4G running 2.2 . Its pretty scary its that old . But i have it on airvoice wireless a prepaid service . You have to flash the phone to connect to the service. Because i flashed it i cant get ota updates from AT&T . I recently found out it got ics update & i want to sideload it with my PC . But my question is will updating my phone mess up the service i have it set up to ? I cant really afford to mess it up cause i paid about $100 just to flash it & first bill . I really need help .

Central n ohios best

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
If it match's the phone then odds are its OK to sideload ics. Flashing Roms and kernels doesn't interfere with your cell service.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2 (Central n Ohio Austin IL)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Of course running ICS on a phone designed for 2.2 is going to slow it down a bit. (For pretty huge values of "a bit".)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If it's official (unless you downloaded it from the manufacturer's site), you don't "do it", the carrier puts it into your phone over the air. (BTW, installing a downloaded update, official or not, unless that part of the site says otherwise, voids your warranty the same as flashing a ROM would.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21