Google+ Photos and FB Sharing

Demeter Aurion

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I searched for an answer to my problem across the web but couldn't really find what I was looking for, so I joined here to ask :)

First, I recently switched from iOS to Android (I have a Nexus 7 2013). I don't have a ton of photos but I want something similar to iTunes that will sync my photos on my PC with my tablet. I tried many options but eventually chose to install Picasa on my PC and sync my albums to web. Great, I thought, because now all my photos appear on my tablet and aren't taking up space on it. But now I'm having issues with the Facebook app. If I go into it and try to add a photo it only shows me my camera photos. If I go into the gallery app or Google+ Photos and try to share a photo, it gives me an error. It doesn't have this problem for any other app, I can easily add photos or share to Twitter or Instagram.

Is there any solution to this? Thanks!

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
At what point do you get an error when trying to share the photos? When I use the "Photos" app (which Google+ Photos) to try to share to Facebook, I get a "one or more media items could not be added" error once Facebook opens.

It appears to be an issue with Facebook. Found a few references to it online. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

jobney76@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I have this same issue.
(After I wrote what is below I checked the Gallery app on my 2nd gen Nexus 7 and it too can't send the auto backup photos or any other picasa photos to Facebook via the share menu.)

I just cleaned my phone out but still see my backed up photos in the Google Photos app (highlights). If I click on one and hit the share icon then scroll down to the Facebook icon it stalls for a moment loads up the Facebook "Write Post" screen and gives a quick error that appears on the screen and fades away..."one or more media items could not be added". If I then click the camera icon there it will only as usual, show the photos in the phone.

It appears that the app is not downloading the photo for you temporarily or not grabbing it via Google's servers.

The work around I've found is that you go to the "cloud" photo you want to share and hit the settings button in the upper right and choose 'download'. It will now be listed in a 'Folder' under the camera tab. The photo icon (in the Facebook app) when on the Write Post screen will also grab these downloaded photos and group them with the other camera photos.

Normal 'highlights' sharing works with the Facebook messenger, gmail, and hangouts just fine.

Devices tested:
Verizon Galaxy Nexus running Cyanogenmod 10.2 (gallery app no longer shows picasa photos like it did when stock :( )
Nexus 7 2nd gen (stock)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech