I'm currently using an app called Screen Off and Lock from the Play Store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nofflockdonate

Any recommendations for a similar app that turns the screen off but does NOT lock it.
    12-17-2013 12:38 PM
    What's your reason? You can just turn off the lockscreen (or at least I assume you have that option).
    12-17-2013 01:11 PM
    What's your reason? You can just turn off the lockscreen (or at least I assume you have that option).
    I'm using a feature called Trusted Bluetooth Devices on my Moto X. Basically, when you're connected to a trusted device like say a Pebble watch, it'll bypass any secure lockscreen you have enabled. And when you're out of range or disconnected, the secure lockscreen resumes.

I use that Screen Off and Lock app to turn my screen off via a Nova Launcher gesture (double tap) instead of pressing the power button. The problem is that it also locks my phone and overrides the trusted device feature so the next time I turn my screen on, I still have to enter my PIN to unlock it. If I just hit the power button, it does not lock it and the trusted device works as intended.

So I'm looking for a similar app that turns the screen off but does NOT lock it. I hope that's not too confusing.
    12-17-2013 01:28 PM
    I think I understand. It sounds like you could use Tasker to automate this. Does this article help? http://www.reddit.com/r/pebble/comme...ed_smartwatch/
    clankfu likes this.
    12-17-2013 02:07 PM
    I think I understand. It sounds like you could use Tasker to automate this. Does this article help? Tasker Function Ideas? (Using Augmented Smartwatch Pro) : pebble
    Yea, I was going to look into to Tasker. I'm definitely a Tasker neophyte so I'll have to do some digging. Was hoping someone could recommend an app in the meantime.
    12-17-2013 03:06 PM