Google Hangouts questions

Vaas

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
New to Android and trying figure hangouts little. I am already setup in it, am I required to "add" my friends/family to it before I can do texting and such?

On my phone, I know with the Kitkat update it wants to use Google hangouts. I have not set it to use it as it keeps saying I need to add everyone in people to hangouts.

I want to make sure I am going to spam my friends and family to join hangouts as they are not on it and do not want too.

SandroidE

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Hangouts can actually manage SMS and the old gtalk messages...
I do not use it for SMS (I use the stock app)...
For the gtalk part, you should have the same old gtalk pals on hangouts on your phone...

Enviado desde mi XT1058 usando Tapatalk 2

Vaas

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the confusion, let me see if I can explain it little better.

On my phone, when I was on 4.2 it used the sms app for instant messaging. Now that I am on 4.4, I was told it wants to use hangouts. I open hangouts, it used to have all my contacts now it is blank after the upgrade. It wants me to add everyone back in, join hangouts. what I am concerned is, does this try and force my contacts to join hangouts or is this something that is just local on my phone? I am the only one who uses hangouts so do not want to spam my family and friends :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol