Duplicate tablet set-up on second device?

klabrenz007

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I bought my children each a Samsung Tab 3 7". I have almost finished setting up the first one and I'm wondering if there is a way to "save" or "back-up" that set up and apply it to the second device so they look identical (same apps installed, same folder set-up, same settings, etc)???

Its taken me hours already with the first so I'd like to hear any shortcuts to setting up the second one quickly. Thanks!

Indoler

Banned
Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Even if possible I don't think it is sensible to have 2 devices both with the same Gmail account. If something goes wrong with one device but not with the other you can't deal with it without messing up both devices.

Indoler

Banned
Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I don't care about this theoretical problem. I still would like to duplicate.

It is not a theoretical problem at all! It is a real life problem and happens every day. People mess up their devices. Shlt happens. Especially if they are kids who don't know what they are doing.
You want to duplicate to save you work setting them up. But when you do you are setting yourself up for hours of extra work to redress problems that will unavoidably crop up.

Last edited:

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I don't want to discuss about your fantasy, but to get an answer to my question.

So wait, are you klabrenz007? What have you been doing with the second tablet for the last 9 months if so?

Anyway, if you want to set it up with the same applications, you can use MyAppList to export an xml file, copy it to your other tablet, and then import it and reinstall all your applications from the play store.

As far as setting up folders and all that, you'd need to use an alternative launcher like Nova or Apex that allows you to export your setup.