Okay. Here's a short overview of my problems: few days ago I dropped my Samsung Galaxy Player 4.2 in a full sink. It took me about 2-3 seconds to get it out and it was on. I did take the battery out as soon as I could, but I did try to turn it on a few times in a little time. It did load, but it didn't charge. So, I took out the battery and let it sit for about a day, tried it again, it seemed better. Left it to dry for another day.

Now, after all that I'm back into trying stuff with it again. It works much better than I expected. It is being charged too. Yet, there are 2 major problems that I've discovered: the first is simple and little -- my computer does not recognize my player via the usb cable. Yet, it charges the player ;

the second problem is much larger and much more annoying, to be honest.

Here's a post that was left unanswered some time ago in the Android forum (year or so ago):

"I've looked everywhere and either this is a very rare problem or I'm not doing the search right. The Task Manager on my Galaxy W just won't stop popping up! It's like the home button is stuck (it isn't, I checked). It pops up, I press the back button and then it goes away for a few seconds...but then it comes right back! When I quickly press the lock button after sending it away with the back button, it takes a screen shot instead of locking the phone. I tried restarting my phone several times. I even took out the battery and SIM card and let it rest. No change. Any ideas?"

Well, I now have the same problem!
    I, personally, even tried factory resetting my player ; I also tried to force close the task manager and other applications and processes -- nothing helps.

By searching, I found out that a battery change might help...but there is no sure answer.

Did anyone else meet this problem? Is there ways or hints to how to solve it?

If there are no possible ways to solve this problem, could someone then recommend a good replacement (probably an unlocked phone) to the Galaxy Player?
    12-25-2013 12:09 AM
    Okay. Here's a short overview of my problems: few days ago I dropped my Samsung Galaxy Player 4.2 in a full sink. It took me about 2-3 seconds to get it out and it was on. I did take the battery out as soon as I could, but I did try to turn it on a few times in a little time. It did load, but it didn't charge. So, I took out the battery and let it sit for about a day, tried it again, it seemed better. Left it to dry for another day.

Now, after all that I'm back into trying stuff with it again. It works much better than I expected. It is being charged too. Yet, there are 2 major problems that I've discovered: the first is simple and little -- my computer does not recognize my player via the usb cable. Yet, it charges the player ;

the second problem is much larger and much more annoying, to be honest.

Here's a post that was left unanswered some time ago in the Android forum (year or so ago):

"I've looked everywhere and either this is a very rare problem or I'm not doing the search right. The Task Manager on my Galaxy W just won't stop popping up! It's like the home button is stuck (it isn't, I checked). It pops up, I press the back button and then it goes away for a few seconds...but then it comes right back! When I quickly press the lock button after sending it away with the back button, it takes a screen shot instead of locking the phone. I tried restarting my phone several times. I even took out the battery and SIM card and let it rest. No change. Any ideas?"

Well, I now have the same problem!
    I, personally, even tried factory resetting my player ; I also tried to force close the task manager and other applications and processes -- nothing helps.

By searching, I found out that a battery change might help...but there is no sure answer.

Did anyone else meet this problem? Is there ways or hints to how to solve it?

If there are no possible ways to solve this problem, could someone then recommend a good replacement (probably an unlocked phone) to the Galaxy Player?
    You can try re-installing the PC drivers to see if you can get your device to be readable again. Or try using different USB Ports.

As for the task manager always popping up, it may be a problem with the motherboard as a result of it getting wet.
    12-25-2013 12:49 AM
    Hello, sir wizrah,

Thank you for your replies.

You can try re-installing the PC drivers to see if you can get your device to be readable again. Or try using different USB Ports.
    I believe the player itself installed the drivers for PC. I don't really know where to get them, but I might look on Samsungs site. The sad thing, is that Samsung has dropped Samsung Galaxy Players.
    I will try a different usb port. I also have the option of trying Samsung kies, or something like that, which allows for wireless data transferring from computer to player and vice versa.

As for the task manager always popping up, it may be a problem with the motherboard as a result of it getting wet.
    So, what are my options? Should I try to take it to a some kind of repairing service? Should I let it sit without a battery for some more time? Or, assuming I will be able to connect it to a PC, root it and delete the process from the motherboard? Or buy a new device?
    12-25-2013 01:17 AM
    Hello, sir wizrah,

Thank you for your replies.

I believe the player itself installed the drivers for PC. I don't really know where to get them, but I might look on Samsungs site. The sad thing, is that Samsung has dropped Samsung Galaxy Players.
    I will try a different usb port. I also have the option of trying Samsung kies, or something like that, which allows for wireless data transferring from computer to player and vice versa.

So, what are my options? Should I try to take it to a some kind of repairing service? Should I let it sit without a battery for some more time? Or, assuming I will be able to connect it to a PC, root it and delete the process from the motherboard? Or buy a new device?
    With root you could probably disable the task manager from the home button, but I would check to see if you can do that without root. I would try putting it in rice. It might take a while for the device to fully dry. As for a new device, what are you look for and what would be your budget?

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk
    12-25-2013 02:05 AM
    Congratulations you now have water damage!!! The little bit of copper is now corroded you must take this apart get a bronze wire brush and GENTLY! !! scrub the patina off of it so it can make contact

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
    12-25-2013 02:10 AM
    Okay, I'll see if I have any luck with my player. Right now, for some reason, it doesn't want to download any apps from the google play. I wanted to try to install a "home button" app (even though that's probably stupid).

Well, I guess it'd be an unlocked phone (because I don't want to sign a contract and pay and all that jazz) that I could use like a media player: surf the internet via wifi, listen to music (hopefully, in quality), read books in pdf's and etc. Basically, it should have an expandable memory, bluetooth, and all the other basic stuff.

My budget is from $100 to $200.

I'm thinking of going for Sony Xperia M C1904. But I'm unsure and I want to make sure I buy myself a quality item (not necessary high tech or expansive, as long as it doesnt break in the first 2 months).

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations you now have water damage!!! The little bit of copper is now corroded you must take this apart get a bronze wire brush and GENTLY! !! scrub the patina off of it so it can make contact

Okay, I will try that. Thank you!
    12-25-2013 02:20 AM
    Okay, I'll see if I have any luck with my player. Right now, for some reason, it doesn't want to download any apps from the google play. I wanted to try to install a "home button" app (even though that's probably stupid).

Well, I guess it'd be an unlocked phone (because I don't want to sign a contract and pay and all that jazz) that I could use like a media player: surf the internet via wifi, listen to music (hopefully, in quality), read books in pdf's and etc. Basically, it should have an expandable memory, bluetooth, and all the other basic stuff.

My budget is from $100 to $200.

I'm thinking of going for Sony Xperia M C1904. But I'm unsure and I want to make sure I buy myself a quality item (not necessary high tech or expansive, as long as it doesnt break in the first 2 months).

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, I will try that. Thank you!
    I was going to recommend the Sony Xperia phones lol. They make good quality phones.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk
    12-25-2013 02:53 AM
    You could get yourself a Moto G and put on a coat of Everdry(spray it on and your phone is water proof for 30 minutes max)

Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile
    12-25-2013 03:18 AM
    Get a waterproof Otter box yes they do make them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
    12-27-2013 11:35 AM