Strange texts

glossallalia

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi Forum,
We have a samsung galazy s blaze 4g (T-Mobile). We started receiving strange texts from various phone numbers with a 'merry christmas' written or just blank with nothing but a phone number. Texts have a different number on each. We've had this phone for 7 months and this just started christmas eve. we receive at least 20 per day!

My wife clicked on one and looked like was downloading something, then stopped.
We called t-mob, they offered to block numbers for a fee, or change our number.:-\
We think the only thing is to reset - any suggestions??
Gloss

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I suspect that a reset won't fix the problem, since the text spammer has your number. Assuming you have a plan with unlimited texting, I would just ignore and delete those texts, and maybe after a bit of time they'll just stop. If you notice a particular number being the main spamming number, then you could block that number, but most likely another number will take over. Changing your number would definitely fix the problem, but it's a hassle, and I don't know if it's an extra charge for you.

As a rule of thumb, never ever tap on a link that is unfamiliar, or answer a text from an unrecognized number, unless you have a good idea of what it's about. It may be that you answered an initial text, after which the spammer knew that your number is valid, and then started showering you with more spam.:mad: Just makes me wish people would put as much effort into making the world a better place instead of garbage like this.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Also, if you know of anyone who may wish to harass you, go to the police and show them the texts and any other info you have.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

kcerica

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Could they be replies from a bulk 'Merry Christmas' message someone sent to you and all their other contacts? Or did they all have weird links to websites on them?