I'm only slightly knowledgeable in smartphone maintenance and technology, so if this is a lame question, please be gentle with me! I know how to do fairly general maintenance tasks on my S4 but have difficulty when an issue comes up. Older phones used to be easy for me to handle. As phone technology advances, I find it harder and harder to keep up. Getting old and slow! :P

Anyway, Since the 4.3 update rolled out for Sprint customers, I've been having issues with deleted photos reappearing. Specifically, the ones stored on the SD card in folders that have a little sd card icon next to the folder icon (photos on the device delete just fine). I've searched for the issue but most of the things I read are related to a new card being installed or Picasa syncing the deleted photos. I don't have a new SD card, I've never had a Picasa account or had it on my phone, I've disabled syncing in Google, Google+, Facebook, Gmail, I've deleted Dropbox, turned off every sync option available in settings and the gallery settings, gone to apps > all > gallery and cleared data, gone to My files and tried deleting them there, installed a photo gallery app and tried deleting photos through it. None of these have worked.

I then thought I'd hook up the phone to my computer (running Windows 7) and try to delete them that way but the computer will not display any of the photos stored on the card. Only what's on the device. So irritated with this! Why can't I directly manage photos on my device through the gallery like the days of yore?? WHERE is the syncing coming from??? Where did the SD card folder even come from? I didn't create it. And why the limited access to files when connected to my computer via USB???? Gotta figure this out somewhow. Photos and videos have somehow taken up 7GB of memory.

Maybe this makes me lame but I don't want everything syncing and linking to everything else!! I like to keep things separate and manage each app/program/utility independently. The occasional access via, say, Facebook or something, is okay now and then but complete, automatic connectivity isn't something all of us want. BAH HUMBUG! :P

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    12-26-2013 09:41 PM
    I'm only slightly knowledgeable in smartphone maintenance and technology, so if this is a lame question, please be gentle with me! I know how to do fairly general maintenance tasks on my S4 but have difficulty when an issue comes up. Older phones used to be easy for me to handle. As phone technology advances, I find it harder and harder to keep up. Getting old and slow! :P

Anyway, Since the 4.3 update rolled out for Sprint customers, I've been having issues with deleted photos reappearing. Specifically, the ones stored on the SD card in folders that have a little sd card icon next to the folder icon (photos on the device delete just fine). I've searched for the issue but most of the things I read are related to a new card being installed or Picasa syncing the deleted photos. I don't have a new SD card, I've never had a Picasa account or had it on my phone, I've disabled syncing in Google, Google+, Facebook, Gmail, I've deleted Dropbox, turned off every sync option available in settings and the gallery settings, gone to apps > all > gallery and cleared data, gone to My files and tried deleting them there, installed a photo gallery app and tried deleting photos through it. None of these have worked.

I then thought I'd hook up the phone to my computer (running Windows 7) and try to delete them that way but the computer will not display any of the photos stored on the card. Only what's on the device. So irritated with this! Why can't I directly manage photos on my device through the gallery like the days of yore?? WHERE is the syncing coming from??? Where did the SD card folder even come from? I didn't create it. And why the limited access to files when connected to my computer via USB???? Gotta figure this out somewhow. Photos and videos have somehow taken up 7GB of memory.

Maybe this makes me lame but I don't want everything syncing and linking to everything else!! I like to keep things separate and manage each app/program/utility independently. The occasional access via, say, Facebook or something, is okay now and then but complete, automatic connectivity isn't something all of us want. BAH HUMBUG! :P

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    You can try a cache wipe in recovery. This won't delete any data, but might help with the photos. Old data is probably confusing the OS. After the cache wipe, if it doesn't work, you might want to consider a factory reset. This will keep the data on your device, but return it to a condition like it was when you first powered it on out of the box.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...2-s3-tab2.html
    Follow the steps for the S3.
    12-28-2013 10:20 AM
    Hi There,
    I am desperate for advice. I'm using Android 4.2.1 on Galaxy note 10.1. I am travelling and photographing and have 64 folders and 6gbs of pics on a 64 gb sd card. The last two attempts to transfer images from my camera via USB have all failed with various weirdness, like seeing the pics in folder with Gallery app once, only to have the folder completely diappear on next viewing. I have lost over 800 photos like this and I can' t find anything about a folder limit in android but see lots of similar posts with sd card problems. All fine up until I hit that limit, now my whole image recording process while travelling appears to be unreliable. Please help, anyone? Any and all suggestions on what I can try are most gratefully welcome! Anyone? Is it possible the pics are there but not viewable somehow? How can I try to fix the issue? Anyone? Please?
    02-12-2014 02:36 PM
    As phone technology advances, I find it harder and harder to keep up. Getting old and slow! :P
    Been there, done that, put the nickel in the payphone slot.

Anyway, Since the 4.3 update rolled out for Sprint customers, I've been having issues with deleted photos reappearing.
    Known 4.3 update issue. Not just Sprint. 4.3.2 might address it. (There were so many bugs in 4.3 that it might take more than 1 generation of programmers to even find them all.)

About all you can do is wait for 4.3.2 and see if it fixes it (without breaking too many other things.) I've seen people delete the same picture and/or email over and over, and they still keep coming back. Some of the bugs totally brick the phones. Be happy when all you have is recurring pictures.
    02-12-2014 10:45 PM