Help stop Mobogenie

Status
Not open for further replies.

buryman

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I wondered if you guys had any sway in getting these automatic downloads from mobogenie stopped. Can you report them for example? My automatic dl is set to off so that clearly doesn't stop them. It is intrusive spam and quite frankly is becoming abusive.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I wondered if you guys had any sway in getting these automatic downloads from mobogenie stopped. Can you report them for example? My automatic dl is set to off so that clearly doesn't stop them. It is intrusive spam and quite frankly is becoming abusive.

What exactly is Mobogenie? If it's automatically downloading when you asked it not to then something is wrong and you should check to see of others are having a similar issue.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I would email them and uninstall the app. I just took a peek at them on Play, and they say it is unintentional, but I don't really buy that.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What are the downloads? When you say you turned off automatic downloads, do you mean Automatic Updates in Google Play? Because that's only for updates to the app version. If Mobogenie's actual functioning requires it to download information from the web, then you probably can't turn that off. If the downloads are for ads, then perhaps there's a way to get rid of them by paying for a premium version (if you want to go that far).

pkeithb

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm having similar problem. Mobogenie would automatically start downloading 7 out of 10 times that I'm surfing the net. There are no windows asking for permission or something. I just see it downloading on my notification bar and it finishes so fast. I'm using Note 3 and I've searched the settings and did all that I could. Even the automatic download is off. It's getting annoying and truthfully, it scares me especially since I have all this personal information synced with Samsung for anti-theft (though I never put any of my finance acct). Please help stop this application. Remove from Google Play if needed.:(

Edit:

Okay, so maybe not remove from Google Play permanently. I just saw their post saying that it's unintentional and they're trying to fix it. So maybe temporarily until they finish fixing and no auto download happens.

Anyway, please. This is getting worrisome.

tsizwiz

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I came across with the same issue with mobo genie last month. The trick they used was to use the same icon for downloads as their downloader. To remove this:

1. Make sure you have uninstalled mobo genine market.
2. Go to App, and swipe until you see "All" you will see 2 Downloads icon there.
3. The Downloads with no size is the legit one. Keep it, if you long press and select App info you will see that it's something related to your firmware.
4. The 2nd Downloads icon is the culprit, with a version of 2.02xx. Long press it, select App info then uninstall.

Hope this helps.

tsizwiz

cecil miller

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
there is another way unauthorized downloads can happen if you have developer option turned on and debugging checked then any app can install without permission.

Yozeph Klaus Remke

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site

**** Mobogenie Android App. It's removed from Google Play Store, and if you try to visit their site you'll get a severe warning from Google. Unsafe site, malware and so on. Says enough...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon