Screen turns off during call

android jack

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I know it turns off to prevent button press but when I go to press a number or end call,
the screen either doesn't turn on or turns off immediately. So I press the power button, it turns on but immediately turns off. It doesn't always happen but when it does it is annoying. What can I do to fix it?

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I know it turns off to prevent button press but when I go to press a number or end call,
the screen either doesn't turn on or turns off immediately. So I press the power button, it turns on but immediately turns off. It doesn't always happen but when it does it is annoying. What can I do to fix it?

You could try deselecting "power button ends call" in settings (call settings or accessibility settings).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
That feature is not on

You could try turning it on (not joking, on one of my phones the screen shuts off during calls and I can't wake the phone unless I select power button ends call in settings). Also you could turn off the proximity sensor and keep the screen awake naturally during calls.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a screen protector or case? Sometimes either of this can block or interfere with the proximity sensor. Try taking them off, if present.

Posted via Android Central App

Thomas Miller10

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
You could try turning it on (not joking, on one of my phones the screen shuts off during calls and I can't wake the phone unless I select power button ends call in settings). Also you could turn off the proximity sensor and keep the screen awake naturally during calls.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc