Switched from iphone and not receiving group texts

maxxmitch14

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
So I recently switched from an iphone 4s to a Droid Maxx. Soon after switching over I learned that I was not receiving any texts messages from iphone users. After calling apple and removing my imessage certificate I started receiving INDIVIDUAL text messages from iphone users; however, when I am in a group message with other iphone users it continues to try and send messages to me as imessages. My friends have tried deleting my contact info on their phone along with all text message threads with me in it, but nothing has worked so far. This is realllly frustrating and kinda apple's fault but they are no help. Please help if anybody has found a way to fix this.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So I recently switched from an iphone 4s to a Droid Maxx. Soon after switching over I learned that I was not receiving any texts messages from iphone users. After calling apple and removing my imessage certificate I started receiving INDIVIDUAL text messages from iphone users; however, when I am in a group message with other iphone users it continues to try and send messages to me as imessages. My friends have tried deleting my contact info on their phone along with all text message threads with me in it, but nothing has worked so far. This is realllly frustrating and kinda apple's fault but they are no help. Please help if anybody has found a way to fix this.

I have only been on Android, but I have seen many threads about this and the common solution is all your contacts to change from iMessage to SMS, or something like that...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site

I've tried to group message with my iPhone using family and it seemed to work for a while then just crapped out! I want to say that since you must be on mobile data to mms that when I'm sy home in Wi-Fi is when the issued arise! We've since moved on to just using groupme!

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

maxxmitch14

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Thank you! But an iphone can't turn off iMessage just for one contact. They would have to leave it off for good on their phones, I think. Can't believe that apple hasn't figured out an easy way to fix this

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thank you! But an iphone can't turn off iMessage just for one contact. They would have to leave it off for good on their phones, I think. Can't believe that apple hasn't figured out an easy way to fix this

Oh...ok. Bummer it is such a pain to switch...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it's been a known problem to Apple for a long time, but fixing it doesn't put money in their pockets, so ...

The usual fix is to use your iPhone to delist that phone with iMessage. Sometimes even that doesn't work flawlessly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital