Galaxy S4 auto-reset after unlocking

galS4user

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I just unlocked my Galaxy S4 with lates 4.3 OS.
The code was accepted (succesful?), after that screen went to my normal desktop, but after a few seconds, then it started to boot, then message showed "erasing", and phone reset to factory settings, so I lost everything.
Phone seems fine now, I can make calls and dloading on wifi all apps I lost.
But wondering if this was due to lates firmware, or perhaps something went wrong, and still is?
I didn't see phone reseting after unlocking on any tutorial videos I watched,
but again, those were made way before this lates 4.3 OS.
Also, I entered the unlock code with the wifi ON, opposed to instructions.
Did that really matter?
Any thoughts please?
Thanks in advance

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like just another of those random bugs in the 4.3 update.

Also, I entered the unlock code with the wifi ON, opposed to instructions.
Really? If that were true I'd be resetting every device that had those instructions. Any time I'm where there's wifi I have wifi on. And I've unlocked screens thousands of times with wifi on. Since I usually also have data off under those conditions, it would mean no email when my screen was locked, and that would make half of my phone useless.

I never heard that "instruction".

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
That's weird. I'm not sure why the device would have erased or factory reset on its own if you didn't initiate the reset. Do you at anytime recall accepting an option to reset?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

galS4user

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like just another of those random bugs in the 4.3 update.

Really? If that were true I'd be resetting every device that had those instructions. Any time I'm where there's wifi I have wifi on. And I've unlocked screens thousands of times with wifi on. Since I usually also have data off under those conditions, it would mean no email when my screen was locked, and that would make half of my phone useless.

I never heard that "instruction".
i'm talking about sim/carrier unlocking, all tutorials say to turn wifi off before sim unlocking.
not sure what you're refering to talking about email, screen lock, etc...

galS4user

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
That's weird. I'm not sure why the device would have erased or factory reset on its own if you didn't initiate the reset. Do you at anytime recall accepting an option to reset?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

i never touched it, it all went auto all the way.
phone is fine and unlocked (tried it with 3 different sim cards), must be a bug in new 4.3, or the 4.3 is supposed to reset on purpose.
like i said, all tutorials not showing phone reseting after unlocking, were all made way befiore 4.3, most like even before 4.2...