Tablet Fails to connect to network.Help!!

Erick3159

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello
I have an Acer tablet and after a while using it it just disconnects from the internet and when I try to reconnect it can't connect to network. Please help this is really a bug problem.
Thanks
I got Acer Iconia A1-180

sauce_a_poutine

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Many reasons could cause this. My hypothesis is that your tablet's software disconnects from the network by killing the Wi-Fi radio while not in use, but upon reconnection, your tablet wants to keep the same IP, because it noted the lease time on the previous IP, but the router, on it's side detected the disconnect and canceled your tablet's lease for that same IP. Call it a DHCP/client desync.

The best solution to avoid such problem, and increase your Wi-Fi security is to use your router's MAC address filtering system, and to reserve dedicated IPs for all the devices in your home.
This make DHCP desyncing impossible, and heightens your router's ability to stop unwanted intrusions on your network. You router's documentation can show how a MAC address white list is done and used, but if it is insufficient, many tutorials can show you how to do it.

Just Google or search Youtube for "Mac address filtering" adding your router or the word "tutorial" to the mix, and you should find ample documentation to do it in no time.

Erick3159

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I have to restart my tablet so it can reconnect to the WiFi. My brother and my dad also have an android tablet and they work fine. I'm sure the problem its my tablet not the wifi.
Thanks

sauce_a_poutine

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm not "blaming" neither device.

Sometimes the imperfection of our technology permeates in minor but routine-disturbing ways. I only suggested a hypothesis and a solution. Most tech problems can only be resolved by plausible scenario elimination, and the solution I suggested has a very high likelihood of solving the problem, even if what I've hypothesized as being a potential cause actually isn't.

That said, let's dig a little further... What is the make and model of the router ?

Erick3159

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I have a 2WIRE AT&T router. But the weird thing is that my tablet also disconnects from the WiFi in McDonalds and all the wifi's I connect to everywhere I go.
Thanks a lot for the help I really appreciate it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does your device have an Advanced Wi-fi-setting along the lines of "Wi-fi Optimization" or "Avoid weak signal"? Some of these advanced settings may cause the device to drop a connection if it deems the signal to be too weak, even though it might still be adequate for normal connection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech