Save data to SD card??

ditjuldan

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Hallo. How do I save data to the external SD card? I would like music, pictures and apps to be stores at the SD card (32 GB) and not on the "normal" internal storage.
My phone is a Samsund Galaxy Trend. Hope to hear from you, thanks :)

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hallo. How do I save data to the external SD card? I would like music, pictures and apps to be stores at the SD card (32 GB) and not on the "normal" internal storage.

It may be possible to save directly to the card but I copy and paste data I want to save, then delete from the phone. It's clunkier but easy.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

saikiransama

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site

On Some Devices With ICS+ there is No Option Such as Move to Sd Card , But Still You Can Move the Data to External Sd Card by Using Some tools Such As Gl to SD and Linkto Sd. For this You Must Have Proper Root Access on Your Device.
Iam Personally Using Gl to Sd App to Move the Huge Data of Games to the External SD Card and thereby freeing Up Some Space on my Internal Storage. Simply install the Gl to Sd App give it Super User access and Move the Data to extsd card and Mount it to access them.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Unless you want to root your device (which means to gain superuser status, and which is not recommended for beginners, since you can irreversibly damage your phone if you don't know what you're doing), the external SD card is limited to storing data, mostly media files (like photos, movies, and music). Some apps will store data on the external SD, and for certain apps (like the Camera), there might be a setting to store data on the external SD by default. Unless your phone has Android 2.3.6 or less, you can't install apps directly to the external SD card.

For more information on Android memory, see this guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roid-memory-how-deal-low-memory-warnings.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol