Nova Launcher uninstalled incorrectly HELP!

AntkneeE

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I uninstalled an app called Nova Launcher without first backing up my data or restting the default launcher. Yes I am a noob ok. Now I cant get in my Samsung s4 without hard resetting and losing all my data. Is there any hope for me?...well for my phone anyway.
All positive help would be very very appreciated.

AntkneeE

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
many times. im getting the Complete Action window popup with both Always and Just Once greyed out when I press the Home button. I've actually have my data backed via USB now. system is fine just not able to get past the popup window.

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm not familiar with the S4 but I would have thought it would have just reverted back to the stock launcher after uninstalling Nova, but obviously not in this case.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
many times. im getting the Complete Action window popup with both Always and Just Once greyed out when I press the Home button. I've actually have my data backed via USB now. system is fine just not able to get past the popup window.

Welcome to Android Central! When you get that Complete Action window, do you have any launcher option to choose? If not, did you disable the stock Launcher when you installed Nova? Go to Settings>Apps (or the App Manager, which is I think how Samsung refers to it), and look for your Disabled apps. Disabled apps are typically listed at the bottom of the "All" list, or have their own category, depending on the Android version. Look for something like "Launcher" or "Homescreen" as a disabled app. If you find it, tap it and tap Enable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21